The Indian Premier League (IPL) 2015 is almost nearing its end and the league stage has offered fans some exciting cricket matches. Some of them had nail-biting finishes.
As the league stage is over and the the top four teams will battle it out in the Playoff stages for the big Final at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata on 24 May, let us revisit some of the last-over thrillers that left the fans on the edge of their seat:
1. Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Daredevils: Chennai Super Kings (CSK) posted a total 150 runs on the board in the match no 2 of the IPL 2015. No one would have thought then that CSK would win the match by just a solitary run. Albie Morkel stood tall throughout the innings in spite of losing his partners at the other end. He required a six from the last ball and he hit it for a four and guess what, it almost went for a six. For a moment skipper MS Dhoni's heart was in his mouth.
Click here to watch the CSK vs DD last-over thriller.
2. Delhi Daredevils vs Rajasthan Royals: In match no 6 of the IPL 2015 Rajasthan Royals (RR) had to chase down a total of 185 runs. It looked all bleak for the Royals as by the end of the 19th over, they had already lost seven wickets and it was only Tim Southee and Chris Morris at the crease who could have done the job for them. They required 12 off the last over and Angelo Mathews was bowling it. They won it from the last ball as Tim Southee blasted it past the extra-cover boundary for a brilliantly placed four.
Click here to watch DD vs RR last-over thriller.
3. Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals: The Sunrisers had posted a meagre total of 127 for five against RR in match no 11 of the IPL 2015. The Royals were put into a crunch situation, but they emerged victorious. They needed five runs off the last over and Praveen Kumar bowled brilliantly to concede only four runs from the first five balls. But it was James Faulkner who kept his nerves and guided the last ball for a boundary.
Click here to watch SRH vs RR last-over thriller.
4. Rajasthan Royals vs Kings XI Punjab: The match no 18 of the IPL 2015 was indeed an edge of the seat thriller as the two teams were tied after the end of the regular 40 overs for both sides. KXIP had to chase 192 runs and no one would have thought at one stage that they would make it to the target. They only managed to tie the score and later KXIP won the match in the super over contest.
Click here to watch the RR vs KXIP last-over thriller.
Click here to watch the super over.
5. Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: In a rain-curtailed match, RCB had to chase down 81 runs in six overs. They started off really well with run chase as Chris Gayle smashed 35 runs from just 10 balls. But it was down to Virat Kohli in the last over where he had to score 13 runs. In spite of losing the important wicket of Dinesh Karthik in the last over he won it for his side with one ball to spare.
Click here to watch the SRH vs RCB last-over thriller.