Apple Inc. may remain tight-lipped on its upcoming flagship smartphone, dubbed iPhone 6 like in the past but that's not going to help in stopping tipsters from revealing every little bit of the device ahead of its release in September. Several features of the purported smartphone have surfaced over the last few weeks.
Here are some of the expected features of Apple's iPhone 6 according to several reports:
1) Processor: Apple's next-generation smartphone is expected to be powered by a 20-nanometer A8 chip (64-bit) that clocks at 2.6 GHz. The device will have upgrade from its predecessor, iPhone 5S, which has an A7 chipset.
2) Operating System: iPhone 6 will run on iOS 8, which was unveiled at the Apple's much-awaited annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) 2014 in San Francisco earlier this month. The Cupertino giant has described iOS 8 as "the biggest release since the launch of the App Store" at the unveiling event.
3) Display: Apple Inc. is expected to release two models - 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch. According to South Korean brokerage KDB Daewoo Securities, the smaller variant of iPhone 6 may come with a 1920 x 1080p (440ppi) resolution, while the larger device may feature a 2272 × 1280 (510ppi) resolution.
4) Camera: The much-awaited device may come with an 8MP camera with several upgrades including flash and Optical Image Stabilisation.
5) Screen: Both the smaller and bigger models of the device are expected to have scratch-free sapphire crystal glass screen, which could lead to increase in its price.
6) Barometer: The Cupertino giant's much-awaited next-generation smartphone is expected to include a barometer with inclusion of updated CoreMotion APIs in Xcode 6 and iOS 8 giving a hint that it might have altitude measuring capabilities, reported 9to5mac. The sensor, which could come handy for hikers, mountain climbers and bike riders, is found in several android devices like Samsung, HTC and others.
Apart from aforementioned features, Chinese analyst Sun Chang Xu had posted on her social media page claiming that the device might come with sensors that can detect pressure, temperature and humidity. Apple Insider also reported citing analyst Ming-Chi Kuo that iPhone 6 may feature low temperature polysilicon in-cell touch panels, Touch ID fingerprint security, NFC and metal casing.
iPhone 6 Release Date
Apple Inc. is likely to unveil iPhone 6 in September though a section of the media reported that it could happen early.
German website, ApfelPage has claimed that leaked internal documents of German wireless carrier Deutsche Telekom have hinted that iPhone 6 would be unveiled on 19 September, contradicting a report by Reuters that the the 4.7-inch model would be released in August, while the 5.5-inch variant would arrive in September.