Apple is about to launch its latest operating system iOS 9 final version for download in a few hours from now. iOS 9 comes with a lot of features and bugfixes, including the all new wallet app, proactive assistant, new map, news app and a lot more.
If you own any Apple device, including iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 1, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 1, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPod touch 6 and iPod touch 5, you can upgrade it from the earlier version. The following guide will help you out in upgrading your Apple device by following the step-by-step instructions.
- Ensure to take a complete backup of all your important data archived in the device. You can either do it through iCloud or through iTunes software.
- Ensure your device battery is having over 50% of battery life left.
Download and install iTunes for your Mac/ Windows computer from the below mentioned links:
- Download iTunes 12.2.2 for Windows (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Download iTunes 12.2.2 for Mac OS X (64-bit)
- Download iOS 9 for your device from here ( We will update the article once the links are up for download)
- Navigate to Settings>>iCloud>>Find My iPhone and turn off the 'Find my iPhone' toggle
- Connect your Apple device to you computer and launch iTunes
- From the left panel of iTunes, select your device from Summary tabs under Settings. If you're using a Mac system hold the Alt key and if you're using a Windows running machine press Shift key. Select Restore iPhone from the drop down menu.
- iTunes will prompt the iOS 9 file you've just downloaded. Select the IPSW file.
- Sit back and relax until the process is done
- Ensure your device has at least 4GB free space
- Navigate to Settings>>General>>Software Update and click Update