Amidst the rumors of company dropping the plans of releasing Android KitKat to Galaxy S3 (international variant), Fusion-SP Custom ROM featuring KitKat goodies has been made available to the Samsung's 2012's flagship smartphone model GT-I9300.
The new Android v4.4.2 KitKat Fusion-SP custom firmware is based on the latest AOSP (Android Open Source Project) release and comes loaded with enhanced Recent RAM-bar, Navigationbar (by slimroms), AppSidebar (chaos), AOKP Weather, low battery warning, CRT animations, Gesture anywhere (Chaos), keyboard animations, HALO, Wakelock Blocker, Active display (Chaos), Screen-On notification light, option to select custom lock-screen handle, quiet hours ringer, double-tap sleep feature, Notification drawer short cuts, volume key cursor control, Center Clock (Slim), Contextual notification panel header (Omni), Quiet Hours Auto SMS & Bypass Alarm and a ton more features.
Pre-requisite (things to remember before the installation of custom ROM in the smartphone):
- Though custom ROM gives unrestricted powers (options) to the device, once installed, smartphone company's warranty stands void and will no longer be liable for future updates [warranty can be restored simply by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
- This Android v4.4.2 KitKat Fusion-SP Custom ROM has to installed only on Samsung's 2012 flagship model GT-I9300 (International model)
- Rooting of devices leads to complete data wipe out, so make sure to back all your personal data.
- User can back-up their data using Samsung Kies, but if you perform custom recovery via ClockworkMod (or TWRP or any other); it re-creates exact replica of settings option seen before installation.
- Remember to wipe Dalvik Cache before proceeding to ClockworkMod recovery mode.
- To know more about installing ClockworkMod Touch Recovery v22.214.171.124 for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, click here.
- Users make sure you have installed USB drivers on the PC to connect your Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 (users can download, here)
- Make sure your smartphone has more than 80 percent battery.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting of Android devices. If the step-by-step custom ROM installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or may even lead to the device being permanently irreparable. International Business Times, India Edition cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if smartphones get bricked. Hence users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) Android v4.4.2 KitKat Fusion-SP Custom ROM Installation Tutorial:
Step 2: Connect Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 to your PC via USB chord.
Step 3: Then, place .zip files of Android v4.4.2 KitKat Fusion-SP Custom ROM and Google Apps into the phone's SD card memory. [User are advised to paste the .zip files in SD card root, not in any other folder]
Step 4: Turn-off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 5: Then perform the regular Recovery mode sortie, by press holding 'volume (up)', 'home' and 'power' buttons.
Step 6: After entering ClockworkMod Recovery mode, perform a full data wipe, by choosing 'wipe data/factory reset' [Note: use Volume keys to navigate and power button to select options, while operating under Recovery mode]
Step 7: Now, clear the cache memory by selecting 'wipe cache partition'
Step 8: Then to go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or other errors ]
Step 9: Again come back to main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'
Step 10: Then tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android 4.4.2 ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. Repeat the procedure for Google Apps as well [Note: use Volume keys to navigate and power button to select options]
Step 11: Once the installation is completed, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-boot the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (Galaxy S3 GT-I9300) would take close to five minutes to complete booting process.
Then, users head to Settings >> select 'About phone' to confirm the installation of custom Android v4.4.2 KitKat Fusion-SP Custom ROM.
[Credits: Android Team]
[Image Credit: WikiCommons/Vinith Devdas]