India handed a 3-0 drubbing to Australia in the recently concluded T20 series and by doing that, they climbed to the top spot in the ICC rankings.
It was a good all-round show from the Indian cricketers against Australia Down Under in this T20 series.
Yuvraj Singh marked his return in India colours, Jasprit Bumrah put in some impressive spells, while Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma were in stunning form with the bat.
Here is a look at the player rating of all the India players who played in the T20 series against Australia.
1. Shikhar Dhawan - He may have failed to make an impact in the first match of the series at the Adelaide Oval, but he made up for it in the next two T20s. His cameo of 26 runs from just 7 balls during the 3rd T20 got India off to a flier. Dhawan's 42 from 32 balls in Melbourne turned out to be crucial as well. Rating: 7.5/10.
2. Rohit Sharma - The Mumbai Indians skipper has been in outstanding form. Rohit has proven yet again that he is a class act in the limited-overs formats. Consistency was an issue with the extremely-talented right-handed batsman but Rohit is now a different animal in coloured clothing. Like Kohli said at the post-match presentation ceremony on Sunday at the Sydney Cricket Ground - "I am a big fan of Rohit and I love to watch him bat," we also loved to see Rohit bat in that fashion and can only hope he gets better and better. Rating: 9/10.
3. Virat Kohli - One just has simply run out of words to explain the brilliance of this batsman. What a player he was for India during this series. Kohli ended the T20 series with an average of 199. He won two man of the match awards and could have won his third consecutive one if he had not got out in unlucky fashion during the third T20 at the SCG on Sunday. The Royal Challengers Bangalore skipper was adjudged the player of the series as well. Rating: 10/10.
4. Suresh Raina - The former Chennai Super Kings swashbuckling batsman proved his worth yet again. The fans are so used to seeing that joyous jump after hitting the winning runs, that it was no surprise when he did the same in the 3rd T20 after leading India to victory. He has done it so many times in the past for India and CSK. Raina will look to continue to do more for his nation in the upcoming tournaments as well. Rating: 8.5/10.
5. MS Dhoni - There was a lot of criticism over Dhoni's captaincy after India lost the ODI series 4-1 to Australia. But Dhoni answered his critics in style by guiding India to a 3-0 T20 series win in Australia, something India have never achieved Down Under before. There were glimpses of the classic Dhoni with the bat in the first two T20s as well. He was also spot on with his team selection and tactics in the entire series. Rating: 9/10.
6. Yuvraj Singh - We did not get to see much of Yuvraj in this series with the bat. But his innings towards the end of the Indian run chase in the 3rd T20 turned out to be a match-winning one. His spell with the ball was crucial in the second T20. He got the wicket of Maxwell twice in this series. Rating 7/10.
7. Hardik Pandya - The youngster was picked in the side for all-round abilities. While Pandya did not get to show his skills with the bat, he did bowl decently in the series. Although he was expensive in all the three matches, he picked up wickets. Dhoni has backed him, saying he needs to settle down and understand the pressures of international cricket. Rating 6/10.
8. Ravichandran Ashwin - Ashwin is regarded as one of the best spinners in the world for good reason. Ashwin was dropped for the last three matches in the ODI series, but he came back in T20 series to prove his worth. Rating 7/10.
9. Ravindra Jadeja - He was India's best fielder in the T20 series without any doubt. Jadeja also picked up wickets with the ball when Dhoni needed him to do so. Jadeja bowled well in tandem with Ashwin in the T20 series and these two will look to form a formidable partnership on the sub-continental wickets for the World T20. Jadeja did not have much to do with the bat in this series. Rating: 7.5/10.
10. Jasprit Bumrah - As Dhoni said after the conclusion of the T20 series, Bumrah is the best find of the series. He has earned the confidence of his skipper by bowling those full length deliveries and yorkers in the death overs. However, Bumrah has been expensive with the new ball, even if he made up for it in death overs by picking up wickets. Ratings: 7.5/10.
11. Ashish Nehra: The lanky left-arm seamer came back to this India side after five years. He bowled decently in all the three matches. Although, he was not really economical, he has the faith of Dhoni. Looking at the current combination of the Indian squad, Dhoni is unlikely to make many changes to it ahead of the upcoming tournaments. Rating: 6.5/10.