India and China just signed a record 24 agreements worth $10 billion in Beijing in the presence of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chinese Premier Li Keqiang.
The agreements ensure cooperation between the two nations in various sectors, including the railways, trade negotiations and tourism.
— Vikas Swarup (@MEAIndia) May 15, 2015
The agreements will put in place the establishment of 'Sister City Relations' between Indian and Chinese cities, as well as 'Sister State relations' between the state of Karnataka and the Chinese province of Sichuan.
Cities such as Chennai will develop 'sister city relations' with Chongqing in China, Hyderabad with Qingdao, and Aurangabad with Dunhuang.
The agreements also call for establishing India-China think-tank forums.
Action Plan for Railways
The two nations also signed an action plan for cooperation between China's National Railway Administration and the Indian Railways.
The Indian railway sector is likely to get a shot in the arm through Chinese investment and technology.
MoUs between Government Ministries
There were several agreements that called for cooperation between the various ministries in the Indian and Chinese governments, including that for tourism, mining, skill development, and earth sciences.
An MoU was signed between the Indian Council for Cultural Relations and the Yunnan Minzu University for a Yoga College.
According to reports, a Yoga college will be established in the Yunnan province's capital of Kumning.
Doordarshan and CCTV
The two delegations also signed a Memorandum fo Understanding between India's state broadcaster Doordarshan and CHina's China Central Television (CCTV).
The two nations have also signed a Space Cooperation Outline for the period of 2015 to 2020.
Here is the complete list of agreements signed today -
* Protocol on the setting up of consulates-general at Chengdu and Chennai, and extension of the consulate general of India in Guangzhou to include Jiangxi province.
* MoU in the field of vocational education and skill development;
* An action plan on cooperation in setting up of the Mahatma Gandhi National Institute for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship in Ahmedabad/Gandhinagar in Gujarat;
* MoU on consultative mechanism for cooperation in trade negotiations;
* MoU on cooperation between the ministry of external affairs of India and international department of the central committee of the Communist Party of China;
* Action plan to enhance cooperation in the railway sector (2015-16).
* MoU on education exchange programme.
* MoU on the cooperation in the mining and minerals sector.
* Space Cooperation Outline (2015-2020).
* Protocol on health and safety regulations on importing Indian rapeseed mealMoU between Doordarshan and China Central Television on cooperation in the field of broadcasting.
* Agreement on cooperation in the field of tourism.
* MoU on establishing India-China think-tanks forum.
* MoU between India's Niti Aayog and the Development Research Centre, State Council of China.
* MoU between India's ministry of earth sciences and the China Earthquake Administration for cooperation in earthquake science and earthquake engineering.
* MoU on cooperation in the field of ocean science, ocean technology, climate change, polar science and cryosphere.
* MoU on scientific cooperation between Geological Survey of India, ministry of mines of India and the China Geological Survey, ministry of land and resources of China in geoscience.
* MoU between the ministry of external affairs of India and ministry of foreign affairs of China on establishment of states/provincial leaders' forum.
* Agreement on the establishment of sister-state/province relations between Karnataka and provincial government of Sichuan of China.
* Agreement on establishment of sister-city relations between Chennai and Chongqing of China.
*Agreement on establishment of sister-city relations between Hyderabad and Qingdao of China.
* Agreement on establishment of sister-city relations between Aurangabad and Dunhuang of China.
* MoU between the Indian Council for Cultural Relations and Fudan University on the establishment of a centre for Gandhian and Indian studies.
* MoU between Indian Council for Cultural Relations and Yunnan Minzu University on the establishment of a yoga college.