It was raining awards at the 13th International Indian Film Academy Awards held in Singapore during the weekend, with a swarm of Bollywood A-listers snagging the much coveted trophies at the star studded function.
Dominating the award-spangled scene was 2011's major blockbuster movie 'Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara', which snagged the trophy for Best Film and the film's director Zoya Akhtar was bestowed with the esteemed Best Director title. The film practically bagged five trophies in the technical awards category.
"[I] wanted to be a writer even before becoming a filmmaker, so this award is special to me," said Zoya Akhtar on receiving her award.
As expected, actors Ranbir Kapoor and Vidya Balan have once again proved their talent and were conferred with the Best Actor awards for their intoxicating roles in Rockstar and The Dirty Picture respectively.
Newcomer Parineeti Chopra who was catapulted to the A-list league, after her successful debut in Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl, won the Best Debut (Female) and the Best Supporting Actor titles.
On the music front, Oscar-winner A.R. Rahman seized an award for Best Music Direction for his melodramatic composition for 'Rockstar', while Shreya Ghoshal was accorded the Best Playback Singer award for her song Teri Meri' from the film 'Bodyguard'.
The film industry also paid heartwarming tributes to long timers Ramesh Sippy and Rekha and bestowed them each with the Outstanding Achievement awards. Putting aside her emotions, Rekha also shook a leg with Priyanka Chopra who paid a tribute to the veteran actress by dancing to an array of her popular numbers on stage.
Not to be left out are the mind-blowing performances brought to effect by scores of the most bankable stars, with the likes of Sonakshi Sinha, Neha Duphia and dream Jodi Shahid Kapoor- Priyanka Chopra who kick-started the night with their expressive dance for their song 'Uff' from 'Teri Meri Kahaani'.
Meanwhile, the event organised by Wizcraft International Entertainment had a dose of glamour injected, with several world-renowned designers, including Varun Bahl, Masaba Gupta and Suneet Verma, showing their sensational collections on Friday night.
Bipasha Basu, Nargis Fakhri, Vivek Oberoi, Shazahn Padamsee and new comer Aditi Rao Hydari were amongst the showstoppers on the ramp.
Check out the complete list of winners.
- Best Film: Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
- Best Story: Zoya Akhtar and Reema Katgi - Zindagi Milegi Na Dobara
- Best Direction: Zoya Akhtar - Zindagi Na Milege Dobara
- Best Performance In Leading Role (Male): Ranbir Kapoor - Rockstar
- Best Performance In A Leading Role (Female): Vidya Balan - The Dirty Picture
- Best Supporting Actor (Male): Farhan Akhtar - Zindagi Milegi Na Dobara
- Best Supporting Actor (Female): Parineeti Chopra - Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl
- Best Debut (Male): Vidyut Jamwal - Force
- Best Debut (Female): Parineeti Chopra - Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl
- Best Performance In A Negative Role: Prakash Raj - Singham
- Best Performance In A Comic Role: Riteish Deshmukh - Double Dhamaal
- Outstanding Achievement in Indian Cinema: Rekha
- Outstanding Achievement in Indian Cinema: Ramesh Sippy
- Best Music Direction: A.R. Rahman - Rockstar
- Best Playback Singer (Male) - Mohit Chauhan - the song Nadaan Parinde - Rockstar
- Best Playback Singer (Female) - Shreya Ghosal - the song Teri Meri - Bodyguard
- Best Lyrics: Irshad Kamil - the song 'Nadaan Parindey' - Rockstar
- Best Choreography: Bosco Caesar Senorita - Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
- Best Dialogue: Rajat Aroraa -The Dirty Picture
- Hottest Pair: Ranbir Kapoor and Nargis Fakhri in Rockstar
- IIFA 2012 Green Award: Dia Mirza
- Best Action: Jai Singh Nijjar - Singham
- Best Special Effects: Red Chillies VFX - Ra.One
- Best Choreography: Bosco-Caesar for Senorita from Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
- Best Cinematography: Carlos Catalan for Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
- Best Costume Design: Niharika Khan - The Dirty Picture
- Best Dialogue: Rajat Aroraa - The Dirty Picture
- Best Editing: Anand Subaya - Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
- Best Makeup: Vikram Gaikwad for The Dirty Picture
- Best Production Design: Sabu Cyril - Ra.One
- Best Screenplay: Reema Kagti and Zoya Akhtar
- Best Sound Re-Recording: Anuj Mathur and Baylon Fonseca - Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
- Best Sound Recording: Resul Pookutty and Amrit Pritam Dutta - Ra.One