South Korean automobile major Hyundai is expected to announce the launch of the Tucson SUV in India in November. The SUV is open for bookings in the country for a down-payment of Rs 25,000 and the company hopes to present a keen competition in the burgeoning SUV segment in India with its new offering. As auto enthusiasts in India keenly wait for the launch of the Tucson, we list five quick facts about the SUV.
1) Based on Fluidic 2.0 design philosophy of Hyundai, the Tucson flaunts a signature hexagonal front grille flanked by LED headlamps, cheeky bumpers and wrap-around LED taillights. The list of features of Tucson is also expected to include electronic driving aids such as autonomous emergency braking system, lane keeping assist system, rear traffic cross alert, blind spot detection, speed limit information function and an active hood system.
2) To be positioned between the Creta and Santa Fe in India, the Tucson is expected to get a 2.0-litre diesel engine under the hood that can churn out 180bhp and 400Nm of torque mated to six-speed manual transmission.
3) The Tucson measures 4,475mm in length, 1,850mm in width and 1,645mm in height and comes with a wheelbase of 2,670mm.
4) Inside the cabin, the Tucson is likely to feature leather upholstery and leather wrapping for the instrument panel and steering wheel, Android Auto feature, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system and six airbags.
5) The Hyundai Tucson will be pitted against Honda CR-V, Skoda Yeti and Mahindra XUV500 in India and is expected to get a price tag starting at Rs 18 lakh.