Hundreds of protesters gathered in Chicago, San Francisco and Los Angeles in solidarity with North Dakota’s Standing Rock Sioux tribe, who would be impacted by the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline in North Dakota.
Nov 24, 2016
Hundreds of protesters show solidarity In LA and Chicago against Dakota Access Pipeline construction
Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and their supporters are protesting the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline in North Dakota. The group says the pipeline is disrupting their cultural sites, including burial grounds, and poses a threat to the water supply. The protesters have been met with private security forces and riot police throughout the protests, which have been going on for months. Police used water cannon on protesters during freezing conditions at a demonstration near the path of the Dakota Access Pipeline late on Sunday, 20 November into Monday, 21 November One protester was also hit with a rubber bullet.
Nov 24, 2016
Boy rescued from ISIS details how terror group ran unit of child soldiers called Cubs of the Caliphate
Public complain about Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes being scrapped; will the Govt listen to the voices of common people?
IBTimes UK meets David Coltart, Zimbabwes former Education Minister, who spoke of fears his country may plunge into chaos due to economic uncertainty, drought and the countrys ageing president Robert Mugabe.
Nov 10, 2016
On 3 November activists from The Syria Campaign and Syria Solidarity UK blocked the entrance to the Russian Embassy in London to protest the bombing over Aleppo. Two activists chained themselves to the embassys gates, while a few dozen others have laid out 800 white mannequins limbs to represent the victims of the Russian and Syrian air strikes over the city. According to rights group Syrian Network for Human Rights, in October 2016 alone 1106 civilians were killed with 791 reportedly at the hands of the Assad regime and Russian forces.
Nov 4, 2016
IBTimes UK met protesters denouncing police brutality and corruption in poverty-stricken nation.
Nov 4, 2016
- Rafael Nadal has played through constant pain since 2005, says Toni Nadal
- Manchester City didn't want to face Liverpool in Champions League quarters: Klopp
- Mohammed Shami wants Hasin Jahan's allegations to be probed
- Hasin Jahan's domestic violence allegations unlikely to affect Mohammed Shami's India career
- Man kills self, asks parents to get wife married to her lover
- Air conditioner mechanic posing as doctor arrested after student dies in ambulance
- Student kills himself while on WhatsApp video call with girlfriend
- Woman swims naked in ice-cold water to look younger
- Woman's head chopped off with sword because she went out to work