Allahabad High Court rules triple talaq as 'unconstitutional,' says it violates rights of Muslim women
Women dressed as bloodied and bandaged brides protested in front of the Lebanese government headquarters on 6 December. They were calling for the abolition of a law that allows rapists to marry their victims in order to escape sentencing, known as Article 522. The protest is part of large national campaign to raise awareness of the article, as it is currently being discussed by a parliamentary legislative committee.
Dec 7, 2016
Maboe, 43, and her son Motsamai, 6, are HIV positive. They now receive regular treatment close to home through the Vodafone Foundations mobile treatment programme in Lesotho. The programme combines Vodafone’s M-Pesa mobile money service with travelling clinics and a smartphone app which enables the tracking of patients in remote areas. The Vodafone Foundations travelling clinics use a fleet of 4 x 4 vehicles to provide on-site HIV testing in remote areas as part of a wider effort to provide basic primary healthcare.
Dec 1, 2016
Vodafone Foundation helps save mothers’ and children’s lives in one of the world’s worst HIV hotspots
Hundreds of protesters gathered in Chicago, San Francisco and Los Angeles in solidarity with North Dakota’s Standing Rock Sioux tribe, who would be impacted by the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline in North Dakota.
Nov 24, 2016
Hundreds of protesters show solidarity In LA and Chicago against Dakota Access Pipeline construction
Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and their supporters are protesting the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline in North Dakota. The group says the pipeline is disrupting their cultural sites, including burial grounds, and poses a threat to the water supply. The protesters have been met with private security forces and riot police throughout the protests, which have been going on for months. Police used water cannon on protesters during freezing conditions at a demonstration near the path of the Dakota Access Pipeline late on Sunday, 20 November into Monday, 21 November One protester was also hit with a rubber bullet.
Nov 24, 2016
- Parkland shooting survivors emotional plea to Trump: Lets never let this happen again. Please
- Watch shocking CCTV of violent mass brawl in Leeds bar
- Winter Olympics' young Angelina Jolie loses her medal after hubby fails drug test
- Attacker kills himself after throwing grenade into US embassy compound in Montenegro
- Woman helped partner repeatedly rape her daughter for a bizarre reason
- 14-year-old Indonesian boy laid 20 'chicken eggs' since 2015 but doctors can't explain why
- Muslim go back, shouts racist attacker as he rips off Sikh man's turban outside UK Parliament
- 'I will not shut up:' Nikki Haley lashes out at Palestinian negotiator, US adamant on moving embassy to Jerusalem
- Signed, sealed, delivered, and retracted! Invitation to Khalistani terrorist to Trudeau's dinner reception rescinded