Expectations on the HTC One (M9) are high after the stupendous success of its predecessors. The Taiwanese smartphone makers have not revealed the specifications of its upcoming device but several reports suggested that it would have features much superior to the HTC One (M8).
Here are five features upgrades the HTC One (M9) is expected to have over its predecessor:
1) Display: The HTC One (M8) sports a 5-inch Super LCD3 capacitive touchscreen protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3 and with 1080 x 1920 pixels (441 ppi pixel density). However, the HTC One (M9) is expected to sport either a 5-inch Full HD display with 1920 x 1080 screen resolution or a 5.5-inch display with quad HD resolution screen.
2) Processor: The HTC One (M9) is expected to house a 64-bits processor, Qualcomm Snapdragon 810, while its predecessor is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 that clocks at 2.3 GHz.
3) Operating System: The upcoming HTC device is expected to come with Android 5.0 Lollipop, while its predecessor runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat (upgradable 5.0 Lollipop).
4) Camera: The HTC One (M8) houses dual 4 MP main camera with features like 1/3'' sensor size and 2µm pixel size, and 5 MP front snapper. However, the HTC One (M9) is expected to boast of a 20.7MP main camera and 13MP or UltraPixel 4MP front snapper.
5) Memory: HTC's next-generation device is expected to come packed with 3 GB RAM while its predecessor has 16/32 GB internal memory, 2 GB RAM, and microSD up to 128 GB.
6) Battery: The HTC One (M8) houses a non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery while its successor is expected to come with 3,000 mAh battery.
The features of HTC One (M9) are not confirmed yet but the upgrades mentioned in the reports seem to be reasonable and it won't come as a surprise if they are seen in the device.
HTC is expected to unveil its much-hyped smartphone - One (M9) – at the Mobile World Congress (MWC 2015) which will take place between 2-5 March in Barcelona.