Hrithik Roshan's "Mohenjo Daro" is all set to hit the screens this Friday. Directed by Ashutosh Gowariker, the movie "Mohenjo Daro" is one of the most awaited movies of this year and it certainly has a lot of reasons for fans to be excited about.
"Mohenjo Daro" is a film that is based on the Indus Valley Civilisation. Hrithik plays the character of a rugged man, who has a strong connection with the ancient city of Mohenjo Daro, and sets out to fight against an evil ruler to free the city from his clutches.
Kabir Bedi plays the main antagonist while Pooja Hegde will be seen as Hrithik's love interest in the film. The trailer of "Mohenjo Daro" had received mixed response from viewers. It had received criticism by a section of the audience for allegedly wrongly representing the ancient culture.
Nevertheless, a lot of money is at stake for the producers and trade experts have been suggesting that "Mohenjo Daro" will have a grand opening at the box office. Fans of Hrithik are eagerly waiting to see their favourite star on the big screen. While critics are yet to come up with reviews of "Mohenjo Daro," here are the top 5 reasons to watch the Hrithik-starrer:
1) Hrithik was last seen in the movie "Bang Bang" on Oct. 2, 2014. Hence, the superstar will be seen on the big screen after almost two years. Hrithik has invested a lot of time and effort on "Mohenjo Daro" and it should be a delight to watch the actor in action again.
2) "Mohenjo Daro" is touted to be one of the most expensive Bollywood movies till date. The makers of the film had erected massive sets and a lot of money has been spent on its special effects. One would not want to miss such a big film with a historical background.
3) The Ashutosh Gowariker-directed film will introduce the fresh pairing of Hrithik and Pooja. The duo's chemistry in the film's trailer and songs has come out beautifully. They also have filmed a kissing scene in the film that has been a talking point in the industry.
4) After the epic "Jodhaa Akbar" (2008), this is the second time that Hrithik and Ashutosh have collaborated for a period film. The director is known for his brilliance in directing historical movies and "Mohenjo Daro" appears to be one of his finest works.
5) The trailer of "Mohenjo Daro" suggested that the makers of the film have incorporated some high quality VFX and action sequences. The scene, which shows Hrithik getting attacked by a crocodile, received a lot of attention in the trailer of the film, along with one that shows the fury of floods. Also, Hrithik's action sequences in the trailer seemed impressive and quite different from what Bollywood has been offering till date.