A team successfully performed a penis transplant on a 40 year old male. He had lost his penis 17 years ago due to complications after a traditional circumcision.
May 23, 2017
A first-of-its-kind ambulance taxi service created by the Vodafone Foundation to save the lives of high-risk pregnant women in two Tanzanian districts the size of Belgium, reduced maternal mortality rates by 27% in its first year.
May 22, 2017
India trails China, Nepal and Bangladesh in global healthcare index; could it dent medical tourism industry?
#YellowSunday, a Congolese–led initiative, is hoping to raise funds to enable 1,000 women living in conflict and post-conflict zones in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) to train as nurses.
May 18, 2017
- Watch: Deep-sea anglerfish caught mating in first ever video
- 2 billion-year old salt reveals how ancient Earth evolved life-sustaining oxygen
- Dinosaurs evolved horns to attract mates, not fight enemies
- Watch: Gorilla walks like a human to keep hands clean
- 'Loch Ness-type' sea creature found dead and decomposing on beach [Video]