The festival of colours â€” Holi â€” is round the corner and Indians and Nepalese across the world are set to celebrate it Thursday, March 24.
The spring festival is celebrated to commemorate the victory of good over evil and the two-day celebration starts on Purnima (full moon day). The first day of the festival is also known as Holika Dahan or Chhoti Holi. The ancient Hindu festival has now become very popular throughout the country and is also celebrated by the Indian diaspora and non-Hindus across the world.
As part of the Holi festival, we have compiled messages, wishes and picture greetings that can be sent across to friends or loved ones.
Check out wishes, messages and greetings to be shared on Holi here:
- Wishing you a Holi filled with sweet moments and memories that will be cherished forever. Happy Holi 2016.
- It's time for us to celebrate the festival of colours, to make merry and fill the days with colours of love.
- What does the Holi colours signify? Red for love, orange for success, pink for happiness and green for prosperity. May the almighty God shower you with all the blessings of these colours. Happy Holi 2016.
- I wish to spread the message of peace and happiness to you and your family during this Holi festival. Happy Holi.
- May the almighty God paint you with all the beautiful colours of life to spread joy, happiness and love in your life now and always. Happy Holi 2016 to you and your family.
- Holi is not only about colours and sweets. It also reminds us the eternal love of Krishna and Radha, and the stories of Narashima, Prahlada and Hiranyakashyapa. Wishing you all the blessings of Holi 2016.
- Thanking you for being a part of my life and making it so beautiful like a red rose that fills the world with beauty and fragrance. On this festival of colours, I wish you to have a colourful life ahead filled with beautiful memories. Happy Holi 2016.
- May you have the most blessed and colourful Holi festival this year filled with fun, joy and love. Happy Joli.
- May God spray the beautiful colours of success and prosperity over you and make this Holi a special one. Wishing you the greetings of a colourful, bright and joyful Holi.