It is time to wish Happy Diwali (Deepavali) to everyone, but they do not appear complete if not accompanied by some special gift.
Diwali is the festival of lights, during which the entire nation appears brighter than ever and everyone is in a mood to celebrate.
One of the biggest festivals in India, Diwali is marked by relishing on sweets, setting off crackers and, of course, exchanging gifts.
While everyone wants to gift something special to his or her loved ones during this festival, deciding on the perfect gift, considering the budget, often turn out to be a big headache.
Here is a list of relatively pocket-friendly yet goog Diwali gift ideas.
1) Electronic Gadgets: Gadgets like watches, mobile phones, cameras, etc, are something everyone loves, irrespective of age. These items are highly useful, and with so many brands flooding the market, they are available at much reasonable prices these days.
2) Spiritual Idols: A number of Hindu gods and goddess are worshipped during Diwali, and gifting creative spiritual idols is always a great idea. Any spiritual person would love a fancy idol of Lord Ganesha or Goddess Laxmi.
3) Home Decor: Diwali is one of those periods of the year when people decorate and brighten up their homes. You can help your loved ones do just that by surprising them with some beautiful home decor items. It can be anything from colourful curtains to fancy hanging lamps. And these items will certainly not burn a hole in your pocket.
4) Customised sweets and gift hampers: Although sweets appear to be one of the most common gift items for Diwali, you can make it appear rather special and unique by ordering some customised sweets. Choose the flavour, design and wrapper for the sweets, and also include different items like perfumes, dry fruits and cosmetic items in your gift hamper.
5) Gift vouchers: In case you want your loved one to pick a gift item of his or her choice, buy a gift voucher and let that turn out to be a priceless gift for the recipient.