"High School Musical" star Zac Efron and "Slumdog Millionaire" actress Freida Pinto might not have much in common other than that they were both born on 18 October. While Pinto turns 31 this Sunday, Efron will be 28.
But another thing that the two have in common is the fact that both Efron and Pinto fell in love with the co-stars of their first movies. Efron made his big debut with "High School Musical" in 2006, and it wasn't long before he was dating Vanessa Hudgens. Similarly, Pinto's big break was in the 2008 hit "Slumdog Millionaire" and she and Dev Patel soon embarked on a romantic relationship.
Sadly, none of these relationships lasted. While Hudgens and Efron split in 2010, Pinto and Patel called it quits in 2014.
As Pinto and Efron get ready to celebrate their birthdays on Sunday, here are a few fun facts about the actors.
- In Hebrew, "Efron" means "lark", a type of bird. Reportedly, Efron's paternal great grandparents were Jewish immigrants from Poland.
- Efron turned down a record deal from Simon Cowell saying his main priority was films.
- Efron's first screen role was on the short-lived show "Firefly".
- Efron's favourite actress is Angelina Jolie.
- He learned to ride a motorcycle from Tom Cruise.
- Pinto worked as a model and a television presenter before making her big acting debut with "Slumdog Millionaire."
- Pinto was born in a Mangalorean Catholic family.
- Pinto was engaged to Rohan Anto when she was cast in "Slumdog Millionarie" and fell in love with Dev Patel.
- Despite their breakup, Patel and Pinto remain good friends.
- Although Pinto has often been included in the most desirable women list, she doesn't consider herself beautiful. In one interview, Pinto said she doesn't like to look at herself in the mirror.