Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit Nene celebrates her 48th birthday on 15 May. The actress has given several hits and brilliant dance performances to entertain the audience over the years.
The "Dhak Dhak" girl did not only capture hearts with her acting talent, but also mesmerised her fans with her killer expressions.
This is the reason that she is touted as the only actress in Bollywood who has been nominated 13 times for the Filmfare Best Actress Award.
On her birthday, let's take a look at some lesser known facts about the "Gulaab Gang" actress.
- Well-known painter MF Hussain was so smitten by Madhuri's beauty that he watched "Hum Aapke Hain Kaun" 67 times. Also, when she made her comeback with "Aaja Nachle", Hussain booked an entire theatre.
- Madhuri was also lucky to be the only actress of her time to be choreographed by Kathak guru Pandit Birju Maharaj. The actress was so happy when he said that Madhuri is the best Bollywood dancer. Apparently, Madhuri is a trained Kathak dancer.
- Madhuri never wanted to come in films. She received a degree in Microbiology and wanted to become a microbiologist or a pathologist.
- One of Madhuri's diehard fans from Jamshedpur launches a calendar in which the year begins with Madhuri Dixit's birthday. He has even appealed to the government to declare her birthday as a public holiday.
- It is hard to believe that it took Madhuri eight long years to give a superhit film, "Tezaab". She started her film journey in the early 80s.
Check out the above slideshow of Madhuri Dixit Nene's rare images.