Kangana Ranaut celebrates her 28th birthday on 23 March. The small-town girl, who initially struggled with English, has made her place among the top actresses in Bollywood due to her sheer talent.
She was criticised initially for her acting and looks, but remained quiet and proved her talent by giving blockbusters, including the award-winning film "Queen".
Take a look at some lesser-known facts about Kangana.
- Reportedly, after being Bollywood's 'Queen', the actress will now play the role of tragedy queen. She will appear in Tigmanshu Dhulia's film on Meena Kumari.
- The director of "Tanu Weds Manu Returns" was waiting for Kangana's birthday to release the film's first poster.
- Kangana was kicked out of her house after a big fight and she left her home without any money. She yelled at her father when he slapped her at the age of fifteen for the first time saying, 'If you slap me, I will slap you back'.
- Ranaut once wished to stop her studies and pursue sculpting.
- After watching her kissing scene in her debut flick "Gangster", Kangana's grandfather asked her to drop her surname.
Fighting all odds, the actress made her name, and carved an individuality for herself. Presently, she is one of the Bollywood's leading A-list actresses.
Check out the above slideshow of Kangana's rare pictures.