The Hindu community of the nation is celebrating Bhai Dooj 2016 on November 1. Also known as Bhai Tika or Bhai Phonta, Bhai Dooj is a festival for brothers and sisters.
Much like Raksha Bandhan, Bhai Dooj comprises rituals where the sister applies a tika on her brother's forehead, praying for his well being. And in return, the brother offers gifts to the sister.
This festival celebrates the bond between a brother and a sister. It also signifies the sister's good wishes for her brother and the latter's promise to protect her in all circumstances. Apart from the rituals and exchanging of gifts, siblings also exchange messages and wishes.
Many a times people cannot celebrate Bhai Dooj due to distance. Brothers and sisters wish each other through messages and greetings over mobile phone.
Check out some of the best messages and greetings that brothers and sisters can share on Bhai Dooj 2016:
1) To the outside world we all grow old, but we know each other as we always were. We know each other's heart. We live outside the touch of time. Happy Bhai Dooj.
2) You were always my best friend, looking out for me, making sure the path I travelled on was smooth. Even if I search the world over, there cannot be a better brother than you. Happy Bhai Dooj.
3) This is for the most wonderful sister of this world. Thank you sister for always being there on my side and for helping me in those infinite ways which I cannot even remember. Happy Bhai Dooj.
4) Holi is colorful, Deewali is lightful and brightful, Bhai Dooj has made our relationship powerful. Wishing you a happy bhai dooj.
5) You never say no, you never say that's impossible and you never say you cannot. That's my bro a superman who makes things possible and who makes paths smoother. I love you bro.
6) You can understand the things I never said. You can understand the pain which is not visible to anyone. You are the best brother. Happy Bhai Dooj to you.
7) We laugh and cry, we play and fight. We shared moments of happiness and sorrows which made our bond stronger. Happy Bhai Dooj.
8) It leaves a smile on my face when I think of those trifling fights we had and suddenly used to make up. The memories may fade away with passing time but the love e share will only grow. Happy Bhai Dooj.
9) Rasmalai? Nope! Gulab Jamun? Nah! Let me see.. How about jalebi? Hmm...Nope! Damn! Still can't find anything as sweet as you. Happy Bhai Dooj.
10) I absolutely treasure the wonderful relationship we share. It's so precious, unique and rare. And when an occasion like Bhai Dooj comes along, I wish for you every happiness and pray that it lingers long. Happy Bhai Dooj.
Credits: FunnyHindiJokes.in, DGreetings.com, FunBull.com