While we clear out schedules (and a lot of hard disk space) to welcome Chief via Halo 5: Guardians, a few of us are still sticking to the previously released Halo: The Master Chief Collection until things start looking rosy for the new game. Needless to say, the devs are doing their bit by constantly pushing out support patches to make the experience even more breathtaking.
Recently, 343 Industries pushed out the latest content update for Halo: The Master Chief Collection. The update is now live and brings along improvements and tweaks to UI and matchmaking. Moreover, according to the company, there are "game-specific multiplayer and campaign, controls, and stability".
The new update is here to deal with the ever-present (and highly irritating) matchmaking issues that have been a source of nuisance to the title since its launch last November. And the new content update for the game now aims at removing most of those issues, once and for all.
According to the devs, the latest update is intended to improve the matchmaking success rate, apart from reducing issues of "Awaiting Privileges" matchmaking errors. The new update is also meant to ensure player counts are carried out more reliably and match the probable numbers for each playlist.
"The next time you log into Halo: The Master Chief Collection, you will be prompted to download the latest content update that focuses on UI, matchmaking, game-specific multiplayer and campaign, controls, and stability. We continue to work on additional content updates that will include added improvements for matchmaking, parties, and other top community items," the official Halo Waypoint page states.
Moreover, the latest content update for the game also addresses an issue where the player would sometimes appear to be searching in an incorrect "FIND GAME" screen, while also adding a countdown sound effect to the voting timer. There are also several improvements to stat tracking for Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4.
Check out the full list of additions and fixes that have arrived with the new update below:
- Improved matchmaking search success rates.
- Made an update to reduce instances of "Awaiting Privileges" matchmaking errors.
- Made an update to ensure player counts more reliably match the expected numbers for each playlist.
- Fixed an issue where player would sometimes appear to be searching in an incorrect "FIND GAME" screen.
- Added countdown sound effect to the voting timer.
- Made an update to improve Halo 2: Anniversary network performance, specifically in regards to bandwidth spikes.
- Made several improvements to party joining through the in-game Roster.
- Made an update to ensure that the mute icon is visible while in Matchmaking.
- Fixed an issue in Halo 4 where players could equip the same weapon as their primary and secondary weapons.
- Made several improvements to stat tracking for Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4.
- Made changes to Halo 3 and Halo 4 scoring to ensure that players are not penalized for destroying empty vehicles.
- Lowered the music volume level in multiplayer menus.
- Fixed an issue where friend emblems in roster would show up as default when exiting a game session.
- Made updates to UI and menus to improve multiplayer status messaging, such as when a player joins your lobby.
- Made an update to the Halo 2: Anniversary "Legacy" Stick Layout.
- Made stability improvements across multiple titles for campaign and multiplayer.