After a long wait for a new Halo video game, 343 Industries and Microsoft Studios released a new entrant to Halo franchise â€“ Halo 5: Guardians â€“ exclusively for Xbox One, on 27 October.
As players would have already started playing the game, they have to deal with a somewhat dampening news of being able to play Master Chief for only three of the 15 missions; the game's lead protagonist was therefore found to be Spartan Locke.
The above news, though disappointing to many, has thankfully not affected players from traversing through the new world in Halo 5.
In Halo 5: Guardians, players will get to play single player mode and co-op mode. Below are some of the tips, tricks and cheats that might help players play easily, thanks to Gamepur.
- Though there are two main protagonists in the game â€“ Master Chief and Spartan Locke â€“ the health regenerates quicker in Master Chief than in Locke's case. But Locke has his own positive points â€“ he can use Artemis to locate weapons and intel data pads.
- Since both of them do not have a Stamina system, players need not worry about sprinting these characters in the maps.
- Double tapping the jump button will allow characters to climb the high ledges. Also, there is no double jump in Halo 5, as the map locations do not need one.
- The motion tracker that can be seen on the bottom left corner of the HUD is one of the most critical additions to Halo 5. So what does it do? Simple, it shows enemies in red. This enables players to quicken its reaction time.
- Keep a look on the red arrows on the reticule while targeting the enemy, as it shows their weak points. But in case of some enemies like Prometheans, a player might have to obliterate their armour before taking a shot at the highlighted weak points.
- Players are able to take command of three Spartans who can be told to go and fight out at a particular point in the map; they can also be given their target and players can provide weapons too. But using these AIs for fights that have a slightly higher difficulty level is not advisable as they are not "perfect."
- Players can use Spartan Charge (which can be activated by sprinting and pressing the melee button) to break and discover walls, and hidden passages.
List of Bugs and Gripes
Following its launch, Halo 5: Guardians does have its share of bugs and gripes as revealed in Gamepur report:
- During the Warzone and Arena matches, players are unable to see the icon that shows those using the mic.
- Some players indulge in shooting anything that moves after the completion of the match. Such behaviour will get players kicked out as 343 considers it betraying teammates.
- Zoom feature is not functioning in Theater mode.
- Players are unable to bring damages to enemies who are on stairs when they try to shoot at the stairs, even though the stairs fall in the blast area.
- Some players are facing issues with the button combination to lower the weapon (from Halo 4). It is working for some in Theater mode, but not for others.
- Reddit user, Biscotti_Pippen, reported the glitch, saying: "Everybody in the game was pointing straight up into the air shooting. My gun was invisible unless I sprinted and every vehicle I drove was disfigured. Couldn't drive a ghost and my warthog was driving sideways."
- Non-functioning of the right analogue stick in the player list.
- The Call Sign and Gamertag of teammates in Warzone are only visible when they are very close to each other.
- Map rotation must be better.
- Reddit user, CraigRadley, asked: "You used to be able to hold zoom, and when you let it up, it would un-zoom. Would also allow you to 5x scope the sniper and unzoom without progressing through the 10x zoom. What happened to this feature?"
- Players are unable to see their post-match medals or tools of destruction.
- Issues reported in Friends menu, as it does not show what other friends are playing.
- No subtitles support to the Intel that is received from data pads.
- The Spartan appearing on the post-game lobby/intermission is not clearly visible, especially its armour.
- Players are classified in alphabetical order and not in team colours in custom games.
- Players have reported loss of match data, as it could not be recovered.
Halo 5: Guardians Error Guide
Below are some of the issues and errors that players faced when they started playing the game (Gamepur):
Fix for Slow Download Speed
Players facing issues with slow download speed can follow the below steps:
- Go to Network Settings.
- Change Primary DNS to 22.214.171.124
- Change Secondary DNS to 126.96.36.199
- Enter Advanced Settings and click Alternate MAC.
- Press Clear
Non-display of Pre-order Bonus
Players facing the issue where their pre-ordered bonus is not displaying, are advised to try out the following steps:
- Go to Games and Apps.
- With the cursor over Halo 5, press Start.
- Choose Manage Game.
- Install the Promotional REQ Pack.
- Restart the console.
- Start the game.
- Go to Spartan Hub (press Start).
- Click Requisition, then Open Packs.
- Go to Customization and get your pre-order items
Players facing any online issue can follow the following steps:
- Restart the console.
- Hard reset the console (hold the power button for 6 seconds).
Unable to detect valid Xbox Live Gold
Players facing the issues where Halo 5: Guardians is not able to detect their valid Xbox Live Gold can follow the following steps:
- Hard reset the console (hold power button for 6 seconds).
- Delete your gamertag from the console and re-download your profile.
Meanwhile, players must note that Halo 5 does not have a splitscreen mode, something 343 Industries has regularly added.