Gwen Stefani celebrates her 46th birthday on 3 October (Saturday), but she sure doesn't seem to age. The "No Doubt" lead singer is one of those very few celebrities who look flawless and fabulous just so effortlessly. And it goes without saying that she is a true woman of substance.
Though Gwen Stefani has had an amazing career and life, last year was quite rough for her. "The Voice" coach was left heartbroken after her 13-year marriage with Gavin Rossadle ended in a divorce recently. But this gorgeous rocker babe is back in the news with Blake Shelton dating rumours, in the last couple of weeks.
Now we don't know if Blake Shelton will help her celebrate her birthday in a special way, but we sure will do so by packing in some interesting facts and best songs on the occasion.
- She was named after a stewardess from the 1968 novel, Airplane.
- Her nickname is Sunshine and G-loc.
- Gwen is dyslexic.
- Stefani often wore homemade clothes as many of the women in her family were seamstresses.
- Gwen's first job was at a Dairy Queen in Anaheim.
- Gwen was a member of her high school's swimming team to lose weight.
- Was chosen as one of the 19 top shoe designers to use her expertise to redesign Dorothy's ruby red shoes from the classic film "The Wizard of Oz" to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the film (July 2008).
- Is a distant cousin of Madonna. Her great-aunt's mother-in-law shares the last name with Madonna.
- Her elder brother Eric set up the band "No Doubt", playing keyboards, and asked Gwen to sing backing vocals in 1986. She became lead singer when original singer John Spence committed suicide.
- The album's first hit 'Don't Speak' was inspired by Gwen's break-up with band member Tony Kanal, whom she dated for seven years. Performing the hit track alongside his ex-girlfriend was difficult for Tony.
- Gwen married Gavin Rossdale on September 14, 2002 in London where she late by an hour.
- She made her acting debut as Jean Harlow in Martin Scorsese's "The Aviator" in 2004.
Gwen Stefani has some amazing songs to her credit. On her birthday we suggest, put on your dancing shoes and get grooving to the best of Gwen Stefani --- solo and as part of "No Doubt".
1) Don't Speak - No Doubt
2) Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani
3) Baby Don't Lie - Gwen Stefani
4) Rich Girl - Gwen Stefani
5) Hey Baby - No Doubt
6) Just a Girl - No Doubt
7) What You Waiting For? - Gwen Stefani
8) Spiderwebs - No Doubt