As the U.S. Independence Day draws closer, Rockstar Games has released new content for Grand Theft Auto (GTA) Online in celebration of the freedom from colonial reigns. Players will be thrilled to find that the new content, known as 'The Independence Special' will bring in several vehicles, weapons and properties into the game. Players have to note that this is a limited time update.
Rockstar has communicated in its official Newswire post that the players will be getting new vehicles with which they can showcase their "exceptionalism and own the road from sea to shining sea."
Two new vehicles have been added. It includes - Sovereign motorcycle and Liberator monster truck.
Rockstar will add new collection to the in-game gun store, Ammu-Nation antiques collection with the introduction of the high-powered Musket and Firework Rocket Launcher.
Players will have added space in the game to celebrate the victory of their founding fathers as new properties have been added to the rolls of the in-game real estate company, Dynasty 8. Up to seven new property locations were added with the Independence Day Special that includes the following places:
- Paleto Bay
- Vinewood Hills
- Republican Space Ranger
- Pleasure Pier
- Ferris Whale
- Roller Coaster
The update will usher in the theme of the U.S. Independence throughout the game as it will give players a chance to showcase their national pride by making use of t-shirts carrying symbols related to the U.S. identity. The update brings in the following additions along with 40 other items:
- Made in the U.S.A
- Backwoods mullet
- Eagle soar with an animal mask
The update will add a number of fixes. (Check below for the complete list of fixes in the patch notes)
Expiry Date of Content
Rockstar has announced that the content will be redeemable in-game only until Mid-July. Though the exact dates have not been notified, they will be informing it soon.
Apart from the announcement of the content already mentioned, the company will also be bringing in-game tuning updates and other adjustments. These additions include On Call Matchmaking function.
The On Call Matchmaking is a new option that will help players carry on playing in the Freemode even as they accept a Job invite and start the Job only when if it fills up with players. This mode will not allow them to waste time waiting for Jobs to be filled up.
How to Download the Update?
- Switch on your console (PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360)
- Start GTA 5
- Players will be prompted to download update 1.15 (Online Connectivity needed), Xbox 360 players will have to download additional compatibility pack after entering GTA Online.
Below are the complete patch notes of the update 1.15 for GTA Online (Rockstar Games Support):
- Two new vehicles with permanent American Flag livery have been added.
- Vapid "The Liberator" - An off-road truck, available from the Warstock site. This vehicle is not moddable and is accessed via Pegasus.
- Western Sovereign - This motorcycle is available from San Andreas Super Autos.
Independence Day Special Content (Available for purchase for a limited time only)
- Over 40 new Independence holiday-themed clothing items, including outfits, have been added to clothes stores for both male and female characters in GTA Online.
- Two new weapons have been added to Ammu-Nation: Fireworks Launcher and Musket.
- Four types of Fireworks can now be purchased from Ammu-Nation. They each come in 3 colors - red, white and blue.
- A new Parachute Smoke color has been added to Ammu-Nation. The color automatically alternates between red, white and blue: Patriot Parachute Smoke.
- A new tire smoke color has been added to the Mod Shops. This also alternates between red, white and blue: Patriot Tire Smoke.
- 12 new animal masks have been added to Vespucci Movie Masks. There are 6 styles, each with 2 color variations.
- Four new horns have been added to the Mod Shop. Each horn is part of the Star Spangled Banner song.
- A new Mullet hairstyle has been added for both male and female characters.
- Stars n Stripes Face Paint added to Barber Shop and Salon.
New Features and Updates
- The ability to place and set off fireworks has been added to the interaction menu. Players can purchase four different types from Ammu-Nation and then access them in their inventory. The fireworks are available for a limited time to celebrate the holiday period.
- Seven new medium and low end Countryside Apartments have been added to the Dynasty 8 website.
- Players are now able to ride on the 'The Leviathan' rollercoaster and 'The Ferris Whale' on Del Perro Pier.
- One Call mode has been added to the 'Quick Job' option in the phone. Players are now able to continue playing in Freemode whilst they are queued up for a Quick Join invite.
- If a player buys a tattoo and then removes it, they will only be charged $100 to re-apply instead of the full tattoo cost.
- Players will now receive an increased cash bonus for completing a Survival, bringing up the total amount that can be earned.
- A player's Mental State will no longer increase when killing hostile mercenaries. Also, the increase rate for killing cops who are chasing the player as a result of being wanted has been reduced.
- Mental state will no longer increase for killing players who have a Bounty on their head or for a player defending themselves when they have a Bounty on them.
- Added the 'Forced Weapon' option to coronas for Versus and Last Team Standing Missions.
- Players on LTS are now only able to hear their teammates, bringing them into line with VS and Capture Missions.
- Job entrance fees are now payable when starting a Versus Mission, in order to bring it into line with LTS and Capture Missions.
- The Head to Head and Challenge wager is now taken from the player's wallet and bank.
- The time limit on the team selection screen has been increased to one minute.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for a player's car to disappear if they left it at the start of a GTA Race.
- Fixed an issue where the Armored Truck would occasionally not drop any cash.
- Fixed an issue where crew tire smoke would not apply correctly.
- Help text is now displayed in the corona if a player attempts to play an animation which cannot be played due to masks / head gear the player is wearing.
- Fixed an issue where splash damage from explosions would apply full damage regardless of distance from the explosion.
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck entering their garage if they had requested a vehicle from their Mechanic while another player was in their garage.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for player characters to spawn in Fort Zancudo.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for planes to respawn with their landing gear down in vehicle Deathmatches.
- Fixed an issue where players could spawn with a four-star Wanted Level if they were killed by cops in the impound.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for a player to become stuck moving to the Leaderboard after completing an Air Race.
- Fixed an issue where split times would occasionally work incorrectly during the tutorial Race.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect scores could show briefly at the start of a Team Deathmatch.
- Fixed an issue where players could spawn inside of, and stand in, vehicles.
- Fixed an issue where a player could receive a misleading alert screen when attempting to access GTA Online when the Cloud was down.
- Fixed an issue where players attempting to join a Contact Mission would become stuck when too many players were invited.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for players to fall through the world if they entered the PlayStation store whilst in their apartment.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for players to become stuck in their apartments if a friend buzzed for entry and then entered the Pause menu.
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck under the map when accepting a cross-session invite.
- Fixed an issue where players could occasionally be unable to steal High Priority Vehicles from one another after upgrading it.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to enter their garages with NPCs in their vehicles.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to send text messages with Chinese characters using their cellphones.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to trap other players in their personal vehicles.
- Fixed an issue where the radar could flash up on screen at the start of a Job.
- Fixed an issue where the Rank bar could occasionally show up very briefly during transitions.
- Fixed an exploit where players could spawn UFOs in public sessions.
- Fixed various exploits where players were able to duplicate vehicles.
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to respawn in their garages after committing suicide.
- Fixed an exploit where players could get all barber services for free.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to go off-radar.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to become invincible.
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to drive inside their garages.