Expectations on the Google Nexus 5 (2015) aka Nexus 5X are bound to be high after the stupendous success of its predecessor, and going by the leaks that have surfaced so far, it is expected to turn out to be a smartphone killer.
Google has not uttered a word on its LG Nexus 5 (2015) aka Nexus 5X but reports have claimed that the device will be unveiled on 29 September before releasing a few days later.
Here are five things you need to know about Google Nexus 5 (2015) aka Nexus 5X ahead of its launch:
1) Google is collaborating with LG again for Nexus 5 (2015) aka Nexus 5X after joining hands with Motorola for its Nexus 6 device released last year. It is reported that the upcoming smartphone is codenamed "LG Bullhead" and will be released along with Huawei Nexus 6 (2015).
2) The upcoming smartphone is expected to come with features like NFC, USB Type-C connector, fingerprint sensor and Android Pay.
3) The device will have Google's new operating system, Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The new software is expected to improve battery life of the device drastically like its Developer Preview did to Nexus 5 (2013) when tested.
4) The Nexus 5 (2015) aka Nexus 5X is expected to be just 0.2-inch bigger than the original Nexus 5. Google seems to have learned from the backlash its Nexus 6 received for its screen size.
5) Google's upcoming smartphone is expected to come with an affordable price tag. Android Authority has reported citing sources that it will be priced around $399 for the 16 GB model and $449 for the 32 GB model.
According to reports that have appeared so far, Google's new smartphone is expected to sport a 5.2-inch screen with 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is also expected to have Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, Android 6.0 Marshmallow, 16/32 GB internal storage, 3 GB RAM, 13 MP main camera, 2 MP front snapper and a 2,700 mAh battery under the hoods.
A report by GizmoChina has claimed that it will come with 64 GB internal storage, 4 GB RAM, 13 MP main camera, 4 MP front snapper, and a non-removable 3,180 mAh battery.