In an interesting development, Chinese smartphone brand Gionee has sent out invitations for an event to be held on November 15, which could witness the launch of the Gionee S9 and the Gionee S9T. What is interesting here is the fact that OnePlus' highly expected OnePlus 3T handset is also apparently set to see the light of the day on the same date.
Nonetheless, being a brand with a decent user base in India, Gionee is also known to be a brand with smartphones fitting in every budget. This time around, USP of the S9 is its dual rear camera setup. The phone's 3000 mAh battery could also capture eyeballs considering the fact that 3000 mAh batteries are considered to offer at least a day and a half worth of backup time on a full charge.
As far as its technical specifications are concerned, Gionee's S9 comes with the following key hardware aspects:
- 5.5-inch FHD display
- Google Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) operating system
- 1.8 GHz octa-core SoC
- 4 GB RAM
- 64 GB internal storage
- MicroSD card slot for expansion of internal storage
- 13 MP + 5MP primary cameras
- 13 MP front snapper
- 3000 mAh battery
As far as OnePlus 3T is concerned, the next-gen phone comes with key hardware aspects such as:
- 5.5-inch display having resolution of 1080 x 1920 with pixel density of 401 ppi
- Google Android 7.0 (Nougat) operating system; out of the box
- Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoC
- 16 MP rear camera
- 8 MP front snapper
- 6 GB RAM
- 64/128 GB internal storage variants
- LTE, HSPA, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi and USB Type-C connectivity
- 3,300 mAh fixed Lithium-Ion battery.