HBO has released yet another trailer for the highly anticipated Season 6 of "Game of Thrones," which will be aired from April 24. This latest one, available for streaming on YouTube, is dubbed the "wait is over" trailer and apparently tries to misdirect fans one more time with Jon Snow's (Kit Harrington) corpse.
The promo gives fans input on what all the major characters are up to, from Bran Stark (Isaac Hempstead Wright) in the North to Tyrion Lannister (Peter Dinklage) in Meereen. We have listed out what each character is up to in the trailer:
- The trailer begins with Jon Show's corpse, almost as if the showrunners want to drive home the point with fans that he is really and truly dead.
- Tyrion Lannister and Varys aka The Spider (Conleth Hill) are still in Meereen, and it looks like there is some sort of massacre about to happen there. The masked Sons of the Harpy are seen stabbing people in the middle of the promo. Fans will remember Tyrion is the acting ruler of Meereen since Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) took off on her dragon.
- Khaleesi, meanwhile, has been taken prisoner by the Dothraki and is even seen getting whipped. In the Season 5 finale, she was surrounded by the Dothraki army and in an earlier promo we heard Khal Jhaqo saying she is queen of nothing. However, it looks like he will eat his words soon, because the "wait is over" trailer shows the shadow of Drogon as he looms above the Dothraki army.
- Sansa Stark (Sophie Turner) is still on the run and is seen hiding from someone, presumably someone loyal to Ramsay Bolton (Iwan Rheon). It remains to be seen if Sansa will run back to Petyr Baelish (Aidan Gillen), considering he forced her to marry Ramsay in the first place.
- Ramsay is leading his army to a war, and is in all probability looking for his wife and her co-escapee Reek aka Theon Greyjoy (Alfie Allen). After all, he had won the war against Stannis Baratheon (Stephen Dillane) in the Season 5 finale.
- Cersei Lannister (Lena Headey) and Jaime Lannister (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) are back to having sex again, just before a shot of their daughter's corpse is shown in the trailer. It might seem like déjà vu to some fans, but this really happening again. The twins are having sex after another child is killed.
- A scene from the trailer also shows Jaime, the oldest Lannister brother, with an army standing in front of the High Sparrow's (Jonathan Pryce) temple. Cersei's walk of shame is still a raw subject, but she will want revenge before that wound heals.
- There is also a scene from Dorne, which features a shot of a pensive Ellaria Sand (Indira Varma).
- The army of white walkers, headed by their ice-cold king, is closing in on the seven kingdoms. Possibly one of the most chilling scenes from the promo, no pun intended, is when Bran is approached by the king of the white walkers. The dead man asks the young Stark boy: "Are you afraid?"
Side note: Melisandre (Carice van Houten) will take off her gown in this season as well.
Getting back to Jon Snow, most fans believe the corpse scene is classic misdirection, and fans like CrazyMix23 and Demiurge 73 are calling it out. They commented on the video: "Stop with the Jon Snows dead body already. You guys can't fool us into believing that he's not coming back. [sic]"
We are almost definitely certain that Jon Snow will return, maybe. We also heard that if the show's heart-throb isn't brought back, Amanda Peet and Andrea Troyer will leave their respective husbands David Benioff and Daniel Brett Weiss, the co-creators of "Game of Thrones."