The release of "Forza Motorsport 6: Apex" for Windows 10 marks Forza Motorsport's expansion into new territory â€” Windows 10 PCs. The racing game from developer Turn 10 Studios is an open beta, available for free download. The game released on May 5.
"Most importantly, 'Forza Motorsport 6: Apex' is our way to introduce Forza's award-winning gameplay to a new audience on Windows 10 and invite a new group of gamers to develop a passion for cars and racing," said Brian Ekberg, community manager at Microsoft in a post on its official blog.
The game is said to run at resolutions up to 4K. "Forza Motorsport 6: Apex" offers players a new career mode featuring a 12-event "Showcase Tour." This allows players to race cars on circuits from around the world. The game will also include new "Spotlight Series" events, which will challenge players with unique automotive events and will update on regular basis.
The game will include a new set of Xbox Live achievements, and new mechanics like the all-new Race Points system, where players are challenged to turn off assists and take on bigger challenges.
The game allows player to race 63 cars that have working headlights, doors, and cockpits. The game will feature 20 track configurations. The game also features immersive wet-weather and night-racing conditions.
|Minimum||Recommended (1080p at 60 FPS)||Ideal (4K at 60 FPS)|
|OS||Windows 10 64-bit version 1511||Windows 10 64-bit version 1511||Windows 10 64-bit version 1511|
|Processor||Intel Core i3-4170 @ 3.7 =Ghz||Intel Core i7-3820 @3.6Ghz||Intel Core i7-6700k @ 4Ghz|
|GPU||NVIDIA GeForce GT 740AMD Radeon R7 250X||NVIDIA GeForce 970AMD Radeon R9 290X||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980tiAMD Radeon Fury X|
|HD Space||30GB||30GB||SSD + 30GB|
|DirectX||DirectX 12||DirectX 12||DirectX 12|
|Suggested Input||Xbox One Controller||Xbox One Controller||Xbox One Controller|
Developer list issues following release
Meanwhile, Turn 10 Studios have provided a list of known issues on its Forum post that have affected players:
- Some graphics cards may not have supported drivers available
- Crashes can occur after repeated races on low-memory machines
- Low Memory warnings can occur with default settings
- V-Sync cannot be disabled
- Hybrid GPU laptops may experience tearing
- Unable to disable anisotropic filtering
- Unable to manually disable MSAA
- Dynamic render quality may be set incorrectly
- Fury X + 16 GB machines unable to select "Ultra"
- Racing wheels are not supported
- Some controllers may not function as intended
- Multi-monitor scenarios are not supported
- Car Bowling pins don't count after rewind.
- Drivatar Badges flicker during race
- Intro video audio is out of sync
- Some badges may appear locked after unlocking
- Saved photos cannot be shared
- Restarting races can cause the track to disappear
- Closed Spotlight events still retain "New" tag
- Cars unlocked on car select don't refresh.
- Photomode dropping resolution