The highly-anticipated Formula 1 aka F1 206 game has now hit Apple platforms and is available via the iOS app repository. Android users are also slated to get access to the game in the near future. The USP of the game is that it officially features every circuit and driver from this year's world championship race.
Another notable aspect is that the game is compatible on both of Apple's iOS 10 and the little older, the iOS 9, operating platforms. The other important aspects of F1 2016 for iOS include:
- Four game modes viz. Quick Race, Full Season, Time Trial and Custom Season
- Varying levels of difficulty
- Motion blur and depth of field effects incorporated
- Customised Universal app that runs within iPad, iPhone and AppleTV
- For iPhone 7 users, the Taptic engine can be utilised effectively for haptic feedback, and for enjoying stereo audio output through the dual speakers offered by the smartphone.
F1 2016 is available for download as a premium from the Apple iTunes Store. Compatible Apple devices include iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, and the 6th-gen iPod Touch.