The international military mission, which was set to secure the site where the Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 went down, has been asked not to carry out the process. The Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte said earlier that such an attempt could only destabilise the situation in the area – an event that raises question on whether the bodies that are still missing, could ever be recovered.
This comes after the Dutch experts on Sunday cancelled plans to visit the site after international officials said the fighting was still going on and that the situation was delicate.
An international push to get the site secured is underway, as the crash site has not been properly investigated yet, while some bodies have still not been recovered.
However, speaking to the reporters in the Hague, Rutte said: "Getting the military upper hand for an international mission in this area is according to our conclusion, not realistic," adding that doing so would be "such a provocation to the separatists that it could destabilise the situation".
Leaders of the affected nations have said that all options were being considered. The Netherlands, Australia and Malaysia had been reportedly considering a joint operation.
Following a deal made by Malaysia with the pro-Russian Militants, Australia and the Netherlands could possibly deploy 49 police officers, reports suggest.
"Our objective is to get in, get cracking and to get out," Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott said.
The confusion over how to recover the bodies of those still missing comes as the United States, separately, has released images to back its claim that Russia had fired into Ukraine multiple times – and that the rocket that downed MH17 could have also emanated from Russia.
The images show marks on the ground and impact craters suggesting fire from multiple rocket launchers, the US state department said adding that the pictures were also proof that separatists were using heavy artillery supplied by Russia – something that has been alleged by the US ever since the plane went down, killing all 298 people on board, most of them Dutch.
Russia has always been denying that Moscow supplied the rebels with heavy weaponry adding that they never fired across the border to Ukraine. This comes even as reports indicate that 13 people were killed in latest fighting in the area, as Ukrainian troops tried to seize Horlivka from the rebels.