"The Flash" is on a hiatus after Season 1 ,and while fans wait for the Season 2 premiere in October, speculations, spoilers and theories are taking shape. One major expectation from "The Flash", when it comes back with Season 2, is the evolution of caring Caitlin Snow into one of the most devious DC villains, Killer Frost.
Caitlin donning on the villain's costume was teased by actress Danielle Panabaker earlier. During a Reddit AMA, she revealed: "From the beginning, I knew that Caitlin Snow becomes Killer Frost. And I can't wait to suit up and duke it out with the boys!" She had then asked fans to watch out for the season finale for Easter eggs on Killer Frost.
In "Fast Enough", "The Flash" season finale, when Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) ran fast enough to travel back in time to the moment his mother killed, he also saw a few alternate realities, one of which was a darker version of Caitlin Snow. With the formation of the wormhole above Central City in the finale scene, this alternate reality could very well be possible.
In the comics, Killer Frost is a stone-cold murderer and super-villain, and it is not known if Caitlin will turn that dark or just take on the meta-human persona of Killer Frost's powers. Regardless, it would be fun to see the loving, caring Caitlin as a killer, if only temporarily.
As fans await Caitlin's new avatar in Season 2, here is everything you need to know about Killer Frost:
- Killer Frost is a vampire-like being who craves for heat.
- She was created when a brilliant STAR Labs scientist Caitlin Snow, who was trapped in a thermodynamic engine, ripped off the coolant system and merged her body with ice.
- Her state is very basic, almost primal, and needs to feed constantly. She desires warmth and is only sated by the warmth of a human's life.
- FIRESTORM, which is part Dr Stein (Victor Garber) and part Caitlin's fiancé Ronnie (Robbie Amell) in "The Flash", is the only person who could provide her with the unlimited heat she needs for sustenance.
- Killer Frost is capable of generating ice spikes to spear her opponents, freezing someone to death by merely kissing them, and/or creating frost cold enough to kill multiple people with just the snap of her fingers.