Bank of England Governor Mark Carney said on 19 January that he did not have a set timetable for raising British interest rates and wanted to see faster growth and stronger underlying inflation first. Carney said global and domestic growth had proved weaker than he had expected in the middle of the year, when he predicted that a decision on when to raise interest rates would have come into sharper relief by early 2016.
Jan 19, 2016
Chinese stock trading was halted on the first day of trading in 2016 after the CSI 300 Index plunged more than 7 percent.
Jan 4, 2016
Banks to consider soft loan for housing, vehicles, crop damage, says Jaitley after meeting Jayalalithaa
- New bill to protect American call-center jobs: Bad news for India
- Narendra Modi could rule till 2024, maybe longer, without strong rival: Poll
- India among world's top 5 consumers of Glenfiddich as whiskey lovers increase
- Stocks to watch on March 19: Cadila Health, Zee Entertainment, UltraTech Cement, GAIL
- Canara Bank shares tumble as ex-chairman booked in loan fraud case