New Rs 2,000 notes could take time to be issued by ATM machines; bank branches witness unprecedented rush
Rs 500 and Rs 1,000: Current-gen notes valid at toll plazas, railway ticket counters and burial grounds till November 11
An Argentinian man narrowly escaped being hurt after having to fling himself out of the way of a glass ceiling that collapsed in a building in the city of Resistencia. CCTV footage shows Pablo Onocko enter a building, talking to the security guard before the glass celing fell and shattered across the foyer.
Oct 18, 2016
An unmanned Antares rocket has been launched, almost exactly two years after a previous model exploded during lift-off, to take cargo to the International Space Station. The rocket is carrying food,equipment and experiments and is expected to reach the ISS on 23 October. The last Antares launch, on 28 October 2014, ended in disaster a few seconds after lift-off due to a problem with the boosters refurbished, Soviet-era engines.
Oct 18, 2016
The Bank of Enlgands new Â£5 note has been announced, which for the first time in British history is made out of polymer. The switch to the longer-lasting notes will save roughly Â£100 million as the notes are waterproof, crinkle proof and tear resistant. The old Â£5 bill, which carries a picture of social reformer Elizabeth Fry, will remain in circulation until next year but it will cease to be legal tender on 5 May 2017
Sep 14, 2016
Khat Sabha fiasco: Rahul Gandhi takes a swipe at BJP, compares cot-stealing villagers to Vijay Mallya
- State Bank of India initiates largest recruitment drive since 2013, to fill 9,500 roles post-merger
- Union Budget 2018: What middle class and salaried people can expect?
- How Union Budget 2018-19 can help revive the Indian real estate industry
- Robots to join armed forces much earlier? India, Japan team up to use AI and robotics in defence
- Fuel gets dearer again: Petrol price crosses Rs 80 per litre mark in Mumbai