Leaving aside all the FUTs and multiplayer battles for the ball, EA Sports' FIFA series' long-running Career Mode provides a sense of responsibility to the player in the single-player format, where he or she manages a whole team and leads it to the eventual European and domestic glory.
Like each of the FIFA editions before it, this year isn't any different, and will see the new FIFA 16 present players with a host of new additions and changes to the game's popular Career Mode, making the entire experience more life-like than usual.
As it seems, EA Sports has officially detailed the Career Mode for this year's upcoming FIFA 16. And, here's a closer look at everything new and changed we will see this year.
Improved Pre-Season Tournaments
Before the start of each season, almost every team is required to travel around the world to prepare during the summer. The point of pre-season is to shake off the dust that might have been accumulated during the player holidays and play sorts of glorified practice games to get back in tune.
For FIFA 16, EA has introduced the concept of this key development period into the game in the game's Career Mode. Prior to the start of the season, each club will now be invited to three out of a possible nine tournaments, played in Asia, Europe, Latin America, or North America.
Similar to real-life football clubs, these matches offer a great opportunity to work on the team's tactics and line-ups before the start of the regular season, and even check out all the subs to test squad players. If the player wins, the prize purse from these tournaments gets allocated to their transfer budget for the upcoming season.
Deep Player Training
For every great player that ever graced the turf, know that deep-lying and intense training made them what they are today. For FIFA 16, managers will now be able to train their squad to increase player attributes and boost player development. Each week, players can select up to five squad players to train from a number of training drills, each focused on developing specific attributes.
EA Sports claims that the aim here is to allow for greater growth in youth squad players and to create more value to the club. For training, players can focus on their star players to keep a strong starting XI, develop youth players to increase transfer values and build funds, or even transform the club into the next biggest thing on the planet, providing a breeding ground for the future stars of world football.
You Club's Story – So Far
FIFA 16 will offer players a full, comprehensive story of their club's season so far. The commentators will now remark on key storylines, including notable player or team performances, big player debuts and transfer rumours. Apart from that, in-game graphics and commentary will also pick up on interesting team stats for matches and reference the wider context of league standings.
Other Notable Changes
Apart from all that's listed above, there are other small but interesting changes dotted all across the new game. Here's a full list of all those changes:
- Sign free agents outside of the transfer window.
- Scout Reports - After scouting a player, reports are available to you now for an entire calendar year before expiring as compared to three months in FIFA 15.
- Transfer Budget -Transfer budgets are now more realistically tailored to the club you're using Career Mode. Also, a percentage of the remaining budget from the previous season will carry over to the next and will vary based on where your club finished with regard to season goals.
- Loans - Short loans have increased from three to six months and there is now an option to issue two-year loans.
- Friendly Subs - You will be able to issue an unlimited number of substitutions during friendly matches.
- More Realistic Transfers - While the transfer window is open, we have tuned the number of 'high-profile' moves by big players to better match the number of changes that typically happen in the real world.
- Improved Player Transfer Values - We've addressed values of players to better match the real-world transfer market.
Stay tuned for more updates!
[Source: EA Sports Official]