Throughout our lives, we read numerous books and watch many movies. While some characters bore us and even become the butt of all jokes, some leave an indelible mark in our minds and we often talk about them. Here is a look at the characters that might have struck a chord with us:
- When Barbie was first manufactured by Mattel, no one had thought that it would turn into such a rage. Barbie appears to have the most perfect face and figure, which is a matter of envy to many. It is often considered to be the most ideal female form and even has a boyfriend in Ken.
While Barbie might be just a doll meant for children, many women interestingly love it so much that they aspire to look like one. The Barbie syndrome is catching up fast and models like Valeria Lukyanova have made numerous changes to their lifestyle to look like the much loved doll. Not just women, the craze seems to have affected the men too. Justin Jedlica too has undergone numerous changes to look like Ken.
- One of the most powerful and influential characters of William Shakespeare's plays is the Prince of Denmark, Hamlet. Portrayed as a reflective and thoughtful young man, Hamlet becomes cynical and hateful towards his uncle's scheming ways. He also dislikes his mother and her way of life and detests her wedding to the evil uncle.
The play shows how Hamlet takes revenge on his spiteful uncle and murders him. He often makes his distrust and disgust towards women known through the play. "To be or not to be" is one of the most popular quotes in the play.
- A perfect relationship is always compared to that of Romeo and Juliet. It is one of the most celebrated romantic stories of all time, which portrayed the passionate romance, respect, love and care for each other.
Romeo, the young man transformed by love, is considered to be the most tragic and romantic figure, who kills himself in his pursuit of Juliet. Juliet, being depicted as a trustful woman who truly loved her hero, stabs herself to death when she sees dead Romeo, to avoid a life without him.
- Sherlock Holmes, the most inspiring and known detective in fiction world created by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle is a fantastic character. The methods used by Holmes to solve difficult cases and his logical reasoning made the character famous. His strong aptitude for acting and gathering evidence generates interest in many.
Holmes remains an inspiration for forensic science due to the way he solved cases. It was welcomed by people and has also inspired many to make a change in the way of investigating cases.
- If one considers a thief to be their hero, it has to be Robin Hood. He is a known folklore figure, for robbing rich and giving to the poor.