US film director Abel Ferrara whose film 'Welcome to New York', inspired by the sex scandal that brought down former IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn, premiered in a Cannes cinema, refutes allegations of anti-Semitism in an interview with AFPTV.May 19, 2014
The cast of 'The Expendables 3' walk the Red Carpet in Cannes and brand signs saying 'Bring Back Our Girls', joining global calls to free 223 schoolgirls kidnapped by Islamist militants in Nigeria. Duration: 00:42May 19, 2014
Robert Pattinson and Guy Pearce hit the red carpet at the Cannes film festival for the showing of their film "The Rover", a futuristic western set in the Australian outback. Duration: 00:36May 19, 2014
Tommy Lee Jones directs and acts in 'The Homesman', presented in the main competition at the Cannes Film Festival, a film about pioneers in 19th-century Nebraska and co-starring Hilary Swank. Duration: 01:06May 19, 2014
How to set your make-up?
Have you ever wondered how to get that perfect look with makeup? Knowing a few tricks can really help!
1. Before starting your foundation routine, prime your skin by rubbing your entire face with an ice cube. In addition to being pleasantly refreshing, the ice will minimize the size of pores, prevents sweat and keeps make-up intact for long.
2. Wash your face. Washing your face will make your skin look perfectly clean. This cleans your face well and gets rid of dead skin, blackheads, oil, and dirt.
3. Wait 1 minute before applying foundation over your primer. The primer should be completely dry before you blend any make-up over it.
4. Add a foundation primer. Foundation primers are used to set make up (foundation) so that it lasts longer.You can find several in drug stores or specialized beauty stores.
5. Air conditioning and exposure to the air circulating on planes dries out skin, making it tight, cracked and rough. So, don’t stay in a/c while your make-up sets, it dries up your skin
6.You can use a setting spray to keep your makeup from moving. If you’ve ever noticed in hot weather your makeup feeling like it’s melting off your face or if you have trouble keeping your makeup in place, a setting spray may be a perfect solution for you.
Follow uMay 19, 2014
Taking strong influences from sportswear, designers Pranav Mishra and Shyma Shetty unveil an interesting collection at the recently concluded LFW Summer/Resort 14. Edgy jackets, shimmer sweatshirts, experimental six yards, printed pencil skirts and striped suits form the collection. Silk, linen and lycra in hues of pastel blue, mint and beige bring a combination of colour [...]May 19, 2014
Rimzim Dadu goes the patola way for autumn winter. The central theme of her collection revolves around the unique patola weave technique of Gujarat. What is interesting is how she plays around with this traditional weave to make contemporary silhouettes. Another significant element of her collection is the play of geometry in embroidery and the [...]May 19, 2014
The world premiere of 'Welcome to New York', in which Gerard Depardieu plays former IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn who resigned in disgrace accused of sexual assault, takes place in two small cinemas in Cannes. Duration: 00:54May 18, 2014
Bengal’s very own top designer duo Mona and Pali dazzle the ramp at Bengal Fashion Week with their latest ethnic collection. Brahma Kamal, a divine species of flower which grows at a height of 10,000 feet and above inspires the collection. Delicate lotus motifs on long jackets, shararas, sarees and suits add an interesting element [...]May 18, 2014
Former Mrs India International, Reet Sahu, is not just multi-talented but also believes in picking up new talent and skills. Reet isnâ€™t just a pageant winner, but a successful CEO among the various other roles that she plays. And not to mention she is a favourite with designers, regularly walking as a show stopper for [...]May 18, 2014
Argentinian director Damian Szifron presents 'Relatos Salvajos' ('Wild Tales') at the Cannes Film Festival, a series of darkly humorous stories about love, deception and violence. Duration: 01:00May 17, 2014
Many young artists in the Democratic Republic of Congo are trying to make a living out painting, design or sculpture, but they struggle to gain recognition at home, and mostly rely on foreign art-lovers to buy their works. Duration: 02:12May 17, 2014