Bethesda, the company behind "Fallout 4," released its third DLC Far Harbor on May 19, 2016. This new DLC was released on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
Far Harbor is an island located off the coast of Maine. This place is known to have higher radiation levels, which is supposed to have created terrifying creatures.
Players will require to "navigate" this island passing through the conflicts between the synths, the Children of Atom, and the local townspeople. The players need to decide on the nature of the conflict, they can either bring peace or let them fight or help them.
Reddit user, SovieticBacon has shared tips and tricks that might help players starting to play the Far Harbor DLC. These are tips that players need to keep in mind before they play "Fallout 4's" Far Harbor DLC.
- Players are advised to bring Nick Valentine, as he has new dialogues with NPCs. The DLC plot is better with him.
- Players are advised not to bring a lot of weapons, and should bring the most versatile weapons. This is because the developer has added new legendary effects for the weapons and armour, the DLC has new weapons.
- Players will need to level up Charisma and bring their Charisma gear. They are advised to bring your Agatha's dress, Grape Mentats and Day Tripper drug as the DLC will have lot of speech checks that players might fail.
- Unlocking all the factions in the Commonwealth helps in the main storyline, and if players are planning to side with one faction, they need to join it, before the DLC starts.
- Players are advised not to rush through the main storyline, but to finish all the side quests.
- Radiation is a big issue on the island so bring Rad resistant gear (like the (Hazmat suit).
- Players are advised to bring drugs and gear that will enhance the player's S.P.E.C.I.A.L. attributes. The prevalence of skill checks could prevent players from accessing Far Harbor contents.
- The DLC has good amount of humour, so players can upgrade the Sarcastic option that will unlock the fun.
Guide to Perks in Far Harbor DLC in "Fallout 4:"
Far Harbor DLC brought new content to "Fallout 4" that will see several new factions, quests, weapons and more. The new DLC has seven new perks, which allow players to customise their characters and add more abilities.
Gaming blog, Gamepur has shared Perks guide for "Fallout 4." It must be noted that though the game did not receive any new Perks, it received new ranks to the Perks that were already available.
- Strength - Strong Back Rank 5 (Level 40, STR 6): While over-encumbered, running costs 50 percent fewer action points.
- Perception - Night Person Rank 3 (Level 37, PER 6): You have 30 extra healths between the hours of 6 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Endurance - Rad Resistant Rank 4 (END 6): You now have +40 Radiation Resistance.
- Charisma - Lone Wanderer Rank 4 (Level 50, CHR 3): When adventuring without a companion, you have 25 more action points.
- Intelligence - Scrapper Rank 3 (Level 40, INT 5): You get more from salvaging.
- Agility - Action Boy/Action Girl Rank 3 (Level 38, AGI 5): Your Action Points regenerate 75 percent faster.
- Luck - Critical Banker Rank 4 (Level 50, LCK 7): You can now save 4 Critical Hits, to be used in V.A.T.S. when you need them the most.