In preparation for the upcoming PS4 mods on "Fallout 4" video game, publisher Bethesda has released the patch notes of the new Steam Beta 1.5.4 update, which will bring "improvements and bug fixes for mods" that are eventually coming for the upcoming testing of PS4 mods closed beta, said a post from the official community page.
Fallout 4 1.5.4 Steam Beta Update
- Increased space for Mod text on Mod details page for improved readability
- Load Order menu now displays text about each Mod when highlighted
- Most Popular filter now toggles between Daily, Weekly and All Time (defaults to Daily)
- Reporting categories added when reporting a mod
- Load Order menu displays options to Disable or Delete All Mods
- Count of ratings now appears on Mod details page
- General stability and performance improvements
- Improved stability when reinitializing with certain mods loaded
- Mod menu will check available space before starting mod downloads
- Fixed issue with certain mods not downloading properly
- Fixed issue with certain mods not appearing properly in the Load Order menu
Here is how to access 1.5 beta
- Log into Steam
- Right Click on Fallout 4 in your Library
- Select Settings
- Select Betas
- A drop down menu will appear. Select Beta
- Select OK
- Wait a few minutes and Fallout 4 should update
- When done, Fallout 4 should appear as Fallout 4 [Beta] in your Library
Meanwhile, players must be aware that there are issues with the PS4 modes. These issues include sound files not working on PS4, mod storage limit of 900MB, memory and performance issues.
Bethesda has assured that it would be working with Sony to find solutions to these issues before the mods are fully released on PS4.