The Evil Within, an upcoming video game that is without any doubt one of the most graphic game by director Shinji Mikami has revealed its pre-order bonuses.
The game that is being developed by Tango Gameworks and published by Bethesda Softworks, will be a game played from the perspective of a third-person with its protagonist, Sebastian Castellanos, a detective. The game begins as Sebastian is called in to a mass murder scene with his fellow detectives and witnesses a strange killing of his other officers while discharging his duty, he is knocked unconscious and when he wakes up, he finds himself in a place haunted by unknown creatures. He has to fight his way though some disturbing scenes and kill the creatures or be killed himself.
Players who pre-order the game will be receiving the Fighting Chance Pack for free of cost. This pack will allow players to have a better chance of surviving, according to the press release. Below are some of the things that will be included in the pack:
- Medical Kit – A vital health enhancement to enable Sebastian to fight on.
- Green Gel – Used to upgrade Sebastian's attributes.
- Double Barrel Shotgun and Three Shells - A larger and more formidable shotgun than the regular shotgun, it's useful for tight situations with multiple encroaching enemies.
- An Incendiary Agony Bolt – Capable of showering nearby enemies with damaging fire sparks.
- A Poison Agony Bolt – Will draw enemies towards it and poison them, allowing Sebastian time for a quick escape.
Meanwhile, the game has been delayed following the request from Mikami and his team at Tango Gameworks. The earlier release date was 21 October and now it has been shifted to 24 October 2014.
The team wanted more time in order to balance the game and fine tune it further. The game is described as a "terrifying pure survival horror experience."
The game will be heading to PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
A new video for the game has been released showcasing how the first time players felt while playing the game. The game is supposed to have included some of the most graphic scenes. Players will get a hint of what they can expect from the game by looking at the expressions of the people.
(YouTube Courtesy: Bethesda Softworks)