If you haven't had an opportunity until now to check out the recently released Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain, we feel pity for you. The Phantom Pain is heading nicely towards being the game of the year, and if you haven't played it, we highly recommend you do.
So if you are planning on finally picking up the game, it might get a bit challenging if you haven't played any of the MGS titles of the past. But fret not, as here is an entire list of the most crucial tips that you will need to know for Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain.
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain – Tips
- Make sure you use your iDROID to mark enemies and scout any area. This often reveals your primary objective, or will even provide additional intel about the mission.
- Remember that the Fulton Recover Device has been added to help you in any kind of mix. If not anything, it will allow you to extract people of interest from the combat zone. You can even use it to build up your men at the Mother Base.
- You can sneak up on an enemy and make use of the CQC attack to interrogate them. Doing this will often reveal troop positions and objectives. This is different from scouting with your iDROID.
- If running low on supplies, you can call in a Supply Drop. You only have to make sure that you call it in at a location that isn't brimming with enemies. Find an isolated place for the same.
- You can sometimes prefer launching a mission at night as this gives you the cover of darkness. However, if you take too long, you might find yourself stuck behind enemy lines with the sun high in the sky.
- This is sort of optional. If possible, try to blow up enemy electronics, such as communication satellites and weapon emplacements. This gives you an added advantage if you are planning on returning to that area later.
- You can go prone by hitting the action button if the enemy is searching for you. This is as stealthy as Snake will ever be, and might even be enough to save your life.
- Always stay alert of your movements when in and around buildings. For example, if you crash in through a door, it will make more noise. Likewise, if you keep knocking things over, the sound will alert the enemy.
- Earn as much GMP, the game's virtual currency, as possible. It will be required to upgrade Mother Base, among other things.
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain – Unheard Weapon Customisation Glitch
Apparently, MGS 5 has a new glitch that allows players to customise weapons beyond the original options. Recently, YouTuber jasonLJ posted a video demonstrating how he was able to add a 100-round belt and suppressor to a rocket launcher via a new glitch in Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain.
The bug even enabled him to fire silent rockets without immediately alerting the enemy guards, according to PC Gamer. The newly discovered glitch in the game allows players to choose constrained modules when they use LMB rather than the space bar or enter key on their PC.
The command adds suppressors to rocket launchers and makes the system think that the player is adjusting a different weapon capable of holding an attachment, when in reality, it cannot.
"To trigger the glitch, players have to select a weapon compatible with their desired attachment. They have to select and equip their chosen attachment. Then, they will have to exit from the weapon and select a rocket launcher. The next step is to left-click on the attachment's category, then skip the enter key or the spacebar. The left-click on the chosen attachment on the previous gun enables the bug," a CP report states.
Stay tuned for more updates!