Science & Health☰
A time-lapse using Google Street View images shows the reconstruction efforts since the natural disaster.
Mar 11, 2016
2011 Japan earthquake and tsunami: Time-lapse aerial footage shows rebuilding efforts five years on from disaster
The volcano has erupted causing a 2km radius evacuation zone to be put in place.
Feb 5, 2016
Japan: Sakurajima volcano erupts 30 miles from Sendai nuclear plant spewing lava and ash 2km into sky
Continued threats from climate change and nuclear arsenals prompted the scientists who maintain the Doomsday Clock, a symbolic countdown to global catastrophe, to keep the clock at three minutes to midnight.
Jan 27, 2016
Mexicos Popocatepetl volcano erupted on 24 and 25 January, belching ash and smoke across red-tinted skies. A huge column of water vapour could be seen rising above the volcanos crater.
Jan 26, 2016
- Supermassive black holes, 10 billion times bigger than Sun, could be the most massive ever discovered
- Time travel: Man from 2043 warns of North Korea's attempt to attack US, World War 3 in 2019
- The bigger the nose, the sexier this male monkey seems to females of the species, says study
- Lonely juvenile tree with clear radioactive trace in its wood bears sign of new geological age
- Tasmanian tigers that went extinct 80 years ago can be brought back to life, claim scientists