Eminem aka Marshall Mathers will celebrate his 43rd birthday on 17 October, 2015 (Saturday). He is one of the most popular and controversial rappers who made his name for himself rapping about violence and sexually explicit content.
His name Eminem was originally spelled "M&M", which comes from his initials Marshall Mathers and not from the candy. We have compiled more of such interesting facts about the rapper that will surely surprise you.
- Eminem's mother was in labour for 73 hours (three days) while giving birth to him.
- Eminem failed in 9th grade multiple times and was then dropped out of high school when he was 17-years-old.
- Before his rapping career took off, he prepared food at St. Clair Shores, Michigan.
- Before he heard rap, he wanted to be a comic book artist.
- He turned down the lead role in recent flick "Elysium", which ended up going to Matt Damon instead.
- Eminem cuts his own hair.
- Eminem used to spend hours at night studying the dictionary so that he could expand his vocabulary for his rhymes.
- Eminem wears glasses because he's short-sighted.
- He is a Spiderman fan and his all-time favorite movie is "The Matrix".
- Eminem was a victim of bullying. As a child, he was so severely beaten by a bully that he passed out in the washroom of his school and stayed in a coma for a while.
- Though he has publicly feuded (and destroyed) various musicians with sick, explicit lyrics and a mean flow, Eminem in reality is a shy person and an introvert.
Some of the best things that Eminem has ever said:
- "I say what I want to say and do what I want to do. There's no in between. People will either love you for it or hate you for it."
- "Somewhere deep down there's a decent man in me, he just can't be found."
- "Behind every sucessful person lies a pack of haters"
- "If there's not drama and negativity in my life, all my songs will be really wack and boring or something."
- "When I say I'll murder my baby's mother, maybe I wanted to but I didn't. Anybody who takes it literally is 10 times sicker than I am."
- "The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed."
- "Sometimes I feel like rap music is almost the key to stopping racism."
- "You've got enemies? Good. That means you actually stood up for something in your life."
- "Everybody has goals, aspirations or whatever, and everybody has been at a point in their life where nobody believed in them."
All you Eminem fans, here's your chance to celebrate his birthday by rapping along to some his coolest songs.
1) The Real Slim Shady
2) Lose Yourself
3) Not Afraid
4) Without Me
5) Just Lose It
6) Love the Way You Lie
7) I Need a Doctor
8) When I'm Gone
10) Cleanin' Out My Closet