In the massive world of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, there are a host of locked treasure chests for you to open and claim the valuables. Each of these chests requires you to play a mini lockpicking game before you can successfully open them.
Lockpicking chests is a tad difficult, although it isn't really something to bang your head over. If you have already mastered the basic concept, the simpler chests will be easy to unlock, following which, you can move to higher level locks.
So, if you are new to all this chest hunting and lockpicking in The Elder Scrolls Online, here are some tips that should help you start filling your pockets with the valuables on offer from these chests.
The Elder Scrolls Online: Lockpicking Made Easy
- To pick a lock for any of the chests in The Elder Scrolls Online, just interact with the chest and the lock should appear on your screen.
- The trick here is to sidestep the five pin tumblers without damaging the lockpick. To make things tougher, you will have a limited amount of time to do this in.
- While a Simple chest will give you 25 seconds to pick the lock, a Master chest will only offer 12 seconds to get things done. However, practice makes it perfect.
- To start the lockpicking process, press and hold each of the required buttons to push each of the tumblers down. This is a tantalizing process and will require you to hit the buttons at the right time.
- Wait until the controller is vibrating. Once the vibration starts, hit the required button. This is where the tumbler will start to vibrate back and forth.
- If done correctly (that is, hit the right button at the right time), the tumbler will grow darker and will remain in a downward position, notifying you it's okay to move on to the next one.
- Word of Advice: If you don't hit the required buttons at the right time, the lockpick will break and the tumbler will re-tune.
- You may not get it right in your first attempt, so it's advisable that you stack up on lockpicks – after all, you don't want to pass up on a chest just because you didn't have the right set of tools to open it.
How many chests have you lockpicked so far in The Elder Scrolls Online? Let us know in the comments section below.
[Source: Prima Games]