Opecs surprise decision to cut oil production by 1.2 million barrels per day has boosted the crude oil price. Financial columnist Edmund Shing asks whats next for the oil industry and whether now is a good time to invest in companies dealing with crude.
Dec 7, 2016
Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi announced his resignation in the early hours of 5 December, after a convincing defeat in a referendum over his proposals for constitutional reform. Renzi took responsibility for the defeat and told reporters of his plans to call a cabinet meeting and give his resignation to Italys President Sergio Mattarella. The constitutional reform included cutting down the number of senators and curbing their powers relative to the lower house of parliament. Renzi also sought to reduce the political powers of the regions.
Dec 5, 2016
- Cheque books of SBI's associate banks to become invalid after March 31
- New bill to protect American call-center jobs: Bad news for India
- 7th Pay Commission: Government may offer salary hikes beyond recommendations
- Nirav Modi scam: 'PNB staff bought assets overseas, stashed funds'
- Narendra Modi could rule till 2024, maybe longer, without strong rival: Poll