For some this is the sound of progress. The coal mining industry is booming in India where a new mine is opened every month. In their push to compete on the global stage, Asian countries like India are increasingly looking to coal to power their economies and feed their growing energy demands. Officials in Indias coal ministry said despite a push for renewable energy sources, coal will continue to win out.
Nov 21, 2015
The European Central Bank is ready to act quickly to boost anaemic inflation in the euro zone, its president Mario Draghi said on Friday (20 November), highlighting changes to its asset purchase programme and deposit rate as possible tools. Draghis comments offered the strongest hint yet that the ECB will unveil fresh stimulus measures at its 3 December meeting to stop inflation from falling further below its target of just under 2 percent.
Nov 20, 2015
- Higher recruitment, big salary hikes for employees in India this year: Report
- Relief for Pensioners as Government likely to double monthly minimum pension payments
- Made-in-India train, with 160 kmph top speed, to run from June
- How Air Arabia turned secondary airports into its primary success factor [VIDEO]
- Stocks to watch on March 16: Bharti Airtel, SpiceJet, Jaiprakash Associates