"EA Sports UFC 2," the simulation mixed martial arts video game, has received a new update 3 for PS4 and Xbox One.
EA Sports, the game publisher, revealed in a post on its official website that update 3 adds Live Events, new MMA athletes, and gameplay updates.
Update 3 adds three new fighters to "EA Sports UFC 2," namely:
- Cris Cyborg - Women's Bantamweight
- Valentina Shevchenko - Women's Bantamweight
- Albert Tumenov â€“ Welterweight
Cyborg has an overall rating of 91 and is the best among the three. Shevchenko and Tumenov have overall rating of 87.
Live Event Competition mode
The Live Event Competition is a new mode lets players challenge others in 1-vs-1 online matches, focussing on upcoming UFC events. Players will be able to customise the fighter with five Fighter Perks (out of the 10 Perks that are offered) that can allow the in-game fighter to win. Winning will bolster player's chances to top the leader-board and also earn more rewards.
The goal of Live Event Competition is to get the fighter to be in the highest Reward Tier, Diamond. Being the top player in a qualifier will allow the in-game fighter to enter Grand Tournament Final.
Grand Tournament Final will let players compete and gives them opportunity to be crowned EA Sports UFC 2 World Champion: UFC 200.
"Fans love 'EA Sports UFC 2' for the intense head-to-head competition, and we're excited to raise the stakes for all our players. Live Event Competition encourages players to experience the thrill of each bout by bringing fans even closer to the intensity of mixed martial arts," said Todd Sitrin, senior vice-president and general manager of EA's Competitive Gaming Division in a statement.
The post also detailed the gameplay updates that have been added to the "EA Sports UFC 2."
- Added a third transition for submissive fighter in Back Sitting.
- Block will not come back up automatically after a missed parry, or a timed out parry.
- Liver Health Event allows high or low blocking.
- Addressed issue where spamming transition fakes on the ground would regain stamina.
- Addressed double stamina tax when opponent sprawls on user's takedown.
- Addressed an issue where takedown denial stamina penalty was being applied when the user is struck out of a takedown.
- General AI Improvements.
- General Referee Improvements.