Evolution Studios, developer of Driveclub, the racing video game, has received a new update v1.21, which went live on 18 August, 2015.
The new update, v1.21, has come following the game selling more than 2 million units. The update will be adding a new supercar, The Renault R.S. 01, 12 new Sprint variations, new Elite driver levels and more.
Apart from this, the developer will also be introducing support for Ferrari 488 GTB that is coming as a free car in PS Store.
Update v121 weighs 533MB. This also brings the total size of the updates in Driveclub to 11.3GB.
Further, the developer has also informed fans that they are working on Private multiplayer lobbies, new tracks, more Sprint mode tracks, more new features and improvements.
Evolution Studios also said that it was working on Easy Mode to a fan question.
Driveclub was released exclusively for PlayStation 4 on 7 October, 2014.
Below are the full patch notes for Driveclub's update v1.21 (Facebook):
- New Supercar awarded for reaching Driver Level 66: The Renault R.S. 01!
- 12 new 'Sprint' variations of Driveclub tracks for Time Trial and Challenges: Cayoosh Point, Putre, Munnar, Goshodaira, Holmastad and The Kyle (including unique Sprints for the standard and reverse track versions).
- 10 more Elite Driver Levels from 66 to 75. All levels have a new reward.
- The Rimac Automobili Concept_One and VUHL 05 are better! We've modified the vehicle performance and handling for these 2 cars based on further collaboration with manufacturers and community feedback.
- Adds support for the Thrustmaster TH8PA manual gear shifter (including sequential shifting and clutch support).
- Car statistics are now detailed on the vehicle select screen: Drivetrain, Engine Position, Kerb Weight and more.
- New default order of cars in the garage/vehicle select.
- Rebalanced the frequency of wet weather and night time events in Random Event.
- Added Club leaderboards to all Tour events in addition to the standard solo leaderboards.
- New option when sending a challenge to filter your Friends list to show Driveclub players.
- Stunning new #PS4share photo added to the loading screen
- Includes general improvements for game performance, stability and usability.
Below are the update 1.21 Add-ons for PS Store (Available August 25):
- Support for the Ferrari 488 GTB.
Future Updates after update 1.21:
- Development of Private multiplayer lobbies is well underway! When it's added you'll be able to modify the rules and settings for private multiplayer events with friends.
- New tracks are in the works, plus we're going to add many more SPRINT mode tracks for you to play in Time Trial & Challenges!
- Driveclub app: The game and servers have changed significantly since we first brought out the MyDriveclub app last year, so we're currently building a new app and will share more info when we can.
For players who are having issues with purchases or downloads, Evolutions Studios has asked them to follow the steps below:
- Try the PS4 Setting under "PSN/Account Management" for "Restore Licenses".
- Make sure that your PS4 is set to be "Primary" in the same Settings menu.
- If this does not work then players can contact PlayStation Support.