If there ever was a videogame that catered entirely to the fans of the Dragon Ball universe, the previously released Dragon Ball Xenoverse has to be it. The game has almost anything that you would relate with the original Dragon Ball series and has accordingly hit the popularity charts in the least time possible since release.
There are several different abilities that the player is offered with Dragon Ball Xenoverse, with the most important among them being the abilities to collect all the seven Dragon Balls and summon Shenron, who will grant you one wish. These include access to hidden characters and special armour.
However, before you can approach any of the seven Dragon Balls, you need to get a good hang of the game's combat system. Once that's out of the way, you can now summon Shenron. And the only way to get things done is to collect the Dragon Balls as soon as possible.
Since the item drop mechanism in Dragon Ball Xenoverse is random, it can take you quite some time before you are done collecting all the Dragon Balls. However, as mentioned before, if you master the game's combat mechanism, you can get to level 10 by completing story missions and Parallel Quests in Tokitoki City.
The steps to get all the seven Dragon Balls in Xenoverse easily are as follows:
- When at Level 10, access the Parallel Quest counter and select Parallel Quest #2, 'Prepare for the Attack of Saiyans!' This will take you to Kami's Lookout where you will need to battle against Krillin, Yamcha and Tien.
- After you defeat all the three opponents, hold back from entering the portal that takes you to the next area. Before you can head over there, get to the doorway first that will lead you to Kami's Lookout. There you will find a Time Patroller waiting.
- Defeat the Time Patroller. Here, if you are lucky enough, you should receive a notification indicating that you have acquired a key item. Note that this key item is one of the seven Dragon Balls.
- Defeat Krillin, Yamcha and Tien as quickly as possible, as the faster you can take them down, the better if you are looking for the seven Dragon Balls. The same goes for your encounter with the Time Patroller. Just make sure to end that fight with a Super Attack or Ultimate Attack.
- If you get the notification, you can head through the portal and complete the quest to find the item in your inventory on your return to Tokitoki City. Failing to complete the quest will not get you the Dragon Ball, even if you received the key item notification.
Once you get the key item notification, complete the quest seven times to collect all of the Dragon Balls and summon Shenron. When summoned, just select any of the wish (listed below) to obtain the needful:
- I want MONEY! – 500,000 zeni
- I want a rare item! – Power Pole Accessory
- I want to dress up! – Journey to the West Outfit Set (one item from the set)
- I want to get stronger! – Items to Craft Z-Souls
- I want to grow! – Increase your character's level by one.
- I want a new Ultimate Attack! – Obtain the Blitz Hell Ultimate Attack (1st time) or the Minus Energy Ball Ultimate Attack (2nd time).
- I want a new Super Attack! – Obtain the Flash Bomber, Drain Field, Lightning Ruin and Air Consumption Super Attacks (1st time) or the Castrol Lightning Dragon Bullets, God Speed Light Bullets, Whirlwind Spin, and the Sleepy Boy Box Super Attacks (2nd time).
- I want more useable characters! – Unlock Super Saiyan 4 Gojeta (1st time), Super Android 17 (2nd time) and Omega Shenron (3rd time) as playable characters.
- I want a second chance at life! – Reset your skill points so you can apply them to different categories.
- I want to be drop dead gorgeous! – Ability to change the look of your created character.
Stay tuned for more updates!