Donald Trump calls for unity in Thanksgiving message
Donald Trump security in New York City will cost America $35 millionReuters

US President-elect Donald Trump on Wednesday said that he will be leaving his business operations so that there is no conflict of interest.

The 70-year-old also said that he will be holding a press conference with his children, indicating that he could be leaving the operations of his various businesses to his children.

Trump took to Twitter to announce his decision. "I will be holding a major news conference in New York City with my children on December 15 to discuss the fact that I will be leaving my great business in total in order to fully focus on running the country in order to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!" Trump tweeted.

"While I am not mandated to do this under the law, I feel it is visually important, as President, to in no way have a conflict of interest with my various businesses. Hence, legal documents are being crafted which take me completely out of business operations. The Presidency is a far more important task!" he added.

Trump has businesses in 20 countries due to which the Democratic Party has raised the issue several times. Trump had earlier hinted that he would transfer his businesses to his children, which is expected to be announced during the December 15 news conference.

Also read
Quick Links