DICE, the developers of the recently released Battlefield 4 has released the fourth update for the game after players faced recurring crashing issues on all platforms including its PC version.
DICE announced this on its Battlelog Forum on 6 November. It added that it will also "fix some of the most common server crashes across all platforms."
It has listed the following issues as fixed through this update:
- The "admin.say" command should now work properly (All Platforms)
- The "vars.preset" command should now work better in conjunction with other vars settings (It is now easier for server admins to set a server preset)(PC)
- Fixed a bug in the queue system regarding GUID (PC)
- Fixed various minor bugs(PC)
The studio had identified some of reported issues being faced by fans and had said that while some of the bugs have been fixed, it will be working on other fixes. It also listed the issues that the studio is concentrating on and said that it was investigating the following issues:
- Promotional Battlepack items not appearing in-game and/or on Battlelog
- Loss of progress in multiplayer
- Single player save files being corrupted
It also said the following were fixed:
- Magazine reload bug on normal servers
- Xbox 360 missions not working as intended
- Battlefield 4 Premium "reset stats" feature not working
- Non-functioning server queues
DICE explained that it is also working on a fix for missing/corrupted audio in multiplayer and an update for it is planned for release in the next PC client patch. ?