Destiny players can now expect to see some new update coming their way on 20 November, 2014. These will include the return of Iron Banner and voice chat into matchmaking.
Bungie listed the features on its official website and said that the voice chat will be on beta testing from 17 November, 2014. Players will be able to automatically activate it or they can toggle it switching on or off during the session.
Apart from that, players will also be able to make the choice of making calls public or fireteam chat only. Bungie has said that the feature will be available on Strikes, but it is yet to be seen if it will also be on PVP content.
Another feature that is making a comeback is the Iron Banner. It said said, "Lord Saladin is poised for a return to the Tower. This time, his reappearance will be intentional. After a surprise ambush during what was supposed to be his sabbatical, we sent him packing again. More work was left to be done to realise his new potential."
Bungie promised that it will give a day's advance notice to players before it releases the content. Below is the content that will be included in Iron Banner 2.0:
Power. Does. Matter!
- Only players Level 20 and above can lead a Fireteam
- Players below Level 20 can accompany more powerful friends
- Players within 3 Levels can be competitive with each other
- Your DEFENSE rating affects how you take damage
- Wear your best (highest rated) armour
- Players out of your league will seem like a Boss
- Your ATTACK rating affects how you inflict damage
- Equip your best (highest rated) weapons
- Lower-level players wielding fully-upgraded weapons should still be considered a very credible threat!
Claim victory to gain reputation.
- Lord Saladin now has five ranks to obtain through victory
- Your previous Iron Banner rank has been preserved
- The Tempered buff is a twelve-hour boost in reputation gains
- Activate Tempered later during the event to catch up faster
Acquire exclusive Iron Banner rewards.
- Increase your Rank to unlock better gear
- Reforge weapons to reset progression with new perks
- Earn gauntlets and boots to move you closer to Level 30
- See Lord Saladin for details!
Quitters never win.
- Reputation gains are only awarded only to the winners
- Defeat grants a token to be redeemed after a future win
- You can carry up to five Iron Medallions at any time
- Partial reputation gains are earned instantly upon victory
Strike while the Iron is hot.
- Your reputation will be reset at the conclusion of this Iron Banner
- Like any competitive activity, each new event is a chance to regain your standing